Activator II - newbie

Hi,
I've stripped the crank, bearings look and feel fine, cleaned and regreased. I've done the same with the rear suspension pivot and it now moves.
Treated the forks to lashings of WD40 and a good pummelling, some movement and rusty exudate.
Need to rub down a few rust spots and get out the touch up pen.
Awaiting the Zinn MTB maintenance book to see about how to remove forks from the frame, also ordered spare inner tube and mini pump to complete the on the road repair kit.

Just need to put some miles on the old girl, and my legs now (cos I knackered my ankle and can't run for a bit).
Might even get a helmet that doesn't look like a jelly mold!

Cheers
D

hehe, well well! if this helps! my act was the same for where solid, so i stripped them, theres 3 elostomers at the end of each leg, no spring, i decided id have a go at getting them to move! (lol)

got a U.S.E suspension seat post kit (spring and elostmers) and modified it to! result forks that dont move, still so now iam trying to find a replacement fork!

viewtopic.php?t=252198 page 8 theres pics for you if you wanna see the inside

Hi,
Thanks for that, how did you undo them, is it just the long reach nut/bolt inside the leg?

Cheers
D

sure... take the plastic bug off the top of fork, with a screw driver between it and the metal part of the fork wedge it off, then you need a hex bit 6mm and a long extension on your socket, 10" just undo, i found that on the bottom of the bolt is 2 nuts to lock the elstomers on, that had rusted badly other than that nothing more to them,

Yes, paramedic so usually see cyclists after bouncing off cars. The main reason I never ride without helmet and gloves.

Back