Yankee Funk - BEING REBUILT

Re: Look at what just got delivered : The Yankee Funk Build

Never seen one in that paint before!, bling it with red and blue, totally over the top! :cool:

You've got to do this justice by fitting it out with the gaudiest cnc anno American stuff you can find
It's so wonderfully tasteless that it needs yank bling
Think Evel kinevel confederate flags and all that cheesy shit

Mike

I'm tempted to sell you my saddle..................... :? :?

Grotefoto-733J67NR.jpg

that saddle would be perfecto.

OK heres the acquired parts list so far:
Manitou One forks - new steerer arrived today and once I trim the threads it'll fit nice i think.
Silver Ringle Zooka stem
Silver King headset already fitted
SRAM Betsy Rear Mech in USA flag mode it'll work well
SRAM 8 speed red gripshift - couldnt find any good betsy shifters just yet so these red ones will do for now
Silver Paul Component Cantilevers and Moon units

Possible parts:
Ibis ti flat bar - in a box but not sure they'll work

Wanted parts:
Cranks - hmmm no idea yet
Wheels - fancy some King silver classics
Still looking for the betsy shifters in case i can find some
Then the rest will likely be a mix of m900 xtr

The manitou steerer has been the hardest bit so far, the orignal wasnt long enough but on Mnai Ones the steerer can be removed from the crown so I've sourced another and will cut the threads off and the zooka is a faily small stack height and it looks a good fit. I'm umming and ahhhing about getting a machine shop to drive a groove for the circlip as the original had. I wont be riding it much but will see if it seems a good secure solution or not.

Wow, iirc I saw one of these in a mag bitd. Love the paint job. I have a rare Scotty Cameron Putter cover like this. But that's another story... :facepalm:

That Stars/stripes saddle is a must, definitely no discs and shiny boutique all the way. Manitou 1s painted to match and red white and blue Bullseyes are my fav.

Looking forward to the finished article :D

I have an MBi somewhere with the review of a funk and manitou frame and i think a mountain goat frame. Must dig it out from the loft. I'm not sure if I'll get the forks painted to match, the cold grey and silver contrasts nicely with the overt paint job. I'd love to know who requested this paint scheme. I bought the frame from Yorkshire, not California!! :)

A small update. After a lot of faffing searching for steerer tubes I finally got the Manitou One fitted.. Topped it off with a ringle stem and now the build is underway. Bottom bracket next as I've got some luvely Syncros silver cranks. Anyway ... I'll add a pic soon.

ti_pin_man":b2bwwwbs said:
....Bottom bracket next as I've got some luvely Syncros silver cranks...

The silver Syncros cranks are somewhat too young and they have a tendecy to crack. Just in case the bike is not intended to be a "wallhanger".

Back