What not so modernish petrol estate car?

Re: What modernish petrol estate car?

mentioned briefly already but Octy VRS is a nice car.

its little brother the 1.8TSI especially in L&K guise isn't too far behind either, and even further under the radar

What with all this climate change weather go Legacy. Had a 98 manual for years and loved it. Now a forester. Both as second cars. Mrs HM loves the drive but was sceptical until the first bad weather. Now she won't be without a 4wd estate.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 212

Not bought anything yet, for various reasons having to hold off car purchase for the moment. Later in the year with any luck....

Thought I'd bump this back up. As ever plans change, intended to get a big estate for the missus, ended up buying her something smaller.

Once I can clear some stuff out will be looking for a similar vehicle once again, however at a slightly reduced budget. It'll only see a few K (maybe 5K) miles a year, as such ideally need something vaguely interesting, mostly reliable and hopefully not too slow. Current front runners are

*Volvo V70 T5 phase 2 (i.e. previous shape)
*BMW e39 530i sport touring
*Audi A6 3.0 quattro (would be early 00s so two model ago now)

Outside runners
*Accord 2.4 Touring
*Legacy

Should probably also look at a Mondeo ST220 but tbh don't really want another mk3 mondeo.

Any comments or experiences, esp on the first three. Think the Volvo is looking good atm even though perhaps the most dull .Slightly concerned both the BM and Audi would still have the ability to drop a massive bill or two...

I had the Volvo V70 (new shape) with the D5 engine. Loved the amazing torque and burly engine sound. They don't go round corners very well but the lighter engined petrol model may be slightly better. Cavernous boot with seats that fold down flat to take almost any size load with ease. Soft comfortable ride and a quality interior make long journeys easier.

Was your's newer than 2007? Think I recall seeing it. My old man has an 04 D5 which still drives fine and looks more than respectable, one of the reasons for looking at Volvo.

Although i've got a thing for Lexus at the moment :cool:
250 Sportcross? :D

Attachments

• sportcross-2m.jpg
    sportcross-2m.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 149

Latest posts

Back