1994 Kona HOT in medium by TET

Anthony":1djg5cw7 said:
There can't be much interest in Konas in the USA if this is all a Hot can fetch. Maybe the dull colour had some impact on the price, but in the UK a 1994 Kilauea (which is a similar colour) would raise that much or more.

I wonder what the 'killer' bid was Canuck?

Vintage Kona doesn't draw much, in the u.s; I believe I've asked why they garner the interest in the u.k?
(and I believe you answered it...it was asked a few years ago, but remains true, I'm sure)

I've ridden Kilaueas and Hots, and like them. I posted this one, to keep me from bidding on it :D

dablk":1eedzdjt said:
Canuck,
I think your actually an 18" kona hater and are just trying to buy them all to melt them down ;) Just pleased you don't bat in 20" or i would never stand a chance:)
:shock: Oh no, I've been sussed! :LOL:

I stopped growing year's ago mate so your 20"er's are safe...from me at least! ;)
Anthony":1eedzdjt said:
There can't be much interest in Konas in the USA if this is all a Hot can fetch. Maybe the dull colour had some impact on the price, but in the UK a 1994 Kilauea (which is a similar colour) would raise that much or more.

I wonder what the 'killer' bid was Canuck?
I'm not sure the auction was that long actually. My experience has been that anything purchased in the State's is gonna be a hell of a lot cheaper than the same for sale over here. Also, some international bidder's may be put off by shipping cost's or import fee's which, unless handled correctly, can get ridiculous!

Let's just say I expected this to go for much, MUCH more and for a 17" Teesdale hot I was willing to sell my eye teeth to get it! ;)
al-onestare":1eedzdjt said:
Agreed - that was an absolute steal price wise. Dare I ask what the import charges will be?
A bargain if you ask me! :D But let's see what the total is after the dust settle's, shipping cost's have been calculated and the friggin' taxman get's his peice of the pie!...hope he choke's on it! :twisted:
Rampage":1eedzdjt said:
What's special about these ones?
Personally, I love the tubing! That downtube is a real eye catcher on Kona's and also the TET Hot's are pretty rare (they make for one helluva sweet ride as well!). Mostly down to the very talented fella who made 'em though I reckon :cool:
GoldenEraMTB":1eedzdjt said:
speaking of 17" Kilauea , there is one on ebay, with no reserve, 20 minutes from me
Ooooo, want that one too! :LOL: :facepalm:

...and thank's for the head's up!! :D I know it wasn't for me personally but might have missed out if it wasn't for your post so thank's again! :cool:

Oh the downtube is fluted like the '94 Explosif? I hadn't seen that.
What are they like compared to the '94 Explosif?

Rampage":2ytxw3yi said:

Yep, if you look close you can just see it in the pic...sweet!! :cool: (is it called fluted or ribbed?) And your right, same as a '94 and the '93 Explosif's. Not sure how they compare as I've ridden a Teesdale but never thrown a leg over a '93 or a '94 Explosif. They have been in my wanted thread for an eternity! :facepalm: ...well, about a year and a half anyway's :LOL: I'd be interested to hear from anyone else out there who could make a comparison though.

Canuck":3o9ygwyw said:
Rampage":3o9ygwyw said:

Yep, if you look close you can just see it in the pic...sweet!! :cool: (is it called fluted or ribbed?) And your right, same as a '94 and the '93 Explosif's. Not sure how they compare as I've ridden a Teesdale but never thrown a leg over a '93 or a '94 Explosif. They have been in my wanted thread for an eternity! :facepalm: ...well, about a year and a half anyway's :LOL: I'd be interested to hear from anyone else out there who could make a comparison though.

Just noticed that as well - so fluted and and with that wicked looking swollen seat-tube bit (great made-up description) - and make by Teesdale. Lovely stuff! I wonder if the paint scheme had anything to do with the lower price? For me, I associate Hots with Teesdale and the custom paint-job; usually something cheeky but as this was an earlier Hot than 95/6/7/8 where you had the classic stars and bars, rasta flames, etc, I wonder if those weren't options back then.

Was watching this... understand the Teesdale bit etc, but what is all the fuss about. The quality of the welding looks distinctly average to me (note the shot of where top tube meets head tube...)

Still at that price it's a great buy, just would't break the bank for one... perhaps it is the wild colour schemes that make them the IT Kona...

Latest posts

Back