My New Arrival - Hounds of Hell Beware, the Fox is loose

Been quietly and as economically as possible collecting bits.

I've a few key parts still needed so the build can't start just yet :(

but I'm working on a few things, stripping and servicing and a little update on the stem front:

Win (japan) cast stem as above (like a UNO / Kalloy one) and original fit for at least some of the 88-9 model year foxes. Not particularly weenie at 280 grams but what else has a detail like this:

Hand and dremel polished (not quite perfect yet ;) ) and i've left the original paint in the logo so it shows white on polish.

It is the same stem :cool:

more soon as...

Never seen this paintjob before. Very nice
What year is it made?

I still want the 89 bubble gum pink Alu pro..

Re:

Thanks chaps - the stem work is not in the WDPro league but a nice detail me thinks :cool:

drcarlos":b0qzq4dz said:
If you want correctness its XT II and MF tended to put Shimano on the high end ALU bikes and suntour on the high end steel bikes to differentiate them. I would go with xt a I have a suntour xc fox and xt does work better but I can see the draw of xc pro or comp. Just be prepared to have to wait and have a nightmare matching hubs and cassettes as suntour produced a multitude in the early 90's.

Doc

I'm thinking the '89 Alu Team (bubble pink) came with Xcd and the Team Pro was the one with XTII?

Ergo I'm thinking as there was no XTR the period upspec would be to 9000/XCpro as this frame is on the cusp.

I.e. for example the SE Pedersen (hint) were out in '89 in black and remained the same through the XC Pro revamp. The thumbies are also, as far as I can find out identical thru 9000-Pro with the metal, rather than plastic friction-adjuster hoops.

Got to be going top spec on this - a few components still evade me but I'll get them (3 years for an XC Pro Groupset anyone...)

And :cool:

Ok so a nearly complete groupset is forming at Muddy Towers

This will be an XC9000 / Pro Crossover build 89-90 where possible, with a little license I'll sprinkle some 90's bling but nothing Timmy Mallet.

A small selection:

Some crank yumminess (thanks Duke old mate :cool: )

Stoppers - modulation bah - who needs it ;)

Some gubbins - not sure whether to go Accushift II and 8 speed MicroDrive hub (for usability) or keep it as 6 or 7 (I've a set of araya RX / sansin MF wheels to suit already...

And I've a matching front hub / wheel - (with a black mavic 517) - that's why I'm after some RM20's to make a pair of XC Pro GG / Araya RM20's which would be a lovely wheelset for her :cool:

Just need:

RD and QR Seat bolt and it's build time :D

I know it's taken a while.... :oops:

A little headset p*rn and I'm in love :oops:

I've no idea whether all the rubber bits actually work but it is a piece of art :LOL:

Imported from over the pond, as it's JIS size - VAT and RM handling fee's made it obscene!

From closer to home a very nice 31.8 FD (from Grimsby via Jamie :LOL: )

Just awaiting delivery of the RD :D

to be continued....

Back