MacRetro chat and rides thread

ohhh you are a card Rob :LOL:

Know what you mean Kaiser, was gutted when I lost a few rides but when morv said I was an boring obsessed twat for moaning about it, I kind of realized I was taking it a bit to seriously :LOL: :LOL:

Still love strava for motivating you to get out when you can't be biscuit arsed just not going to obsess about the numbers (much).

I did a 4 mile round trip to tesco with cam to get beer and chocolate and it was the best ride ever- good natter on a fat chance and a tail wind home- happy days.

kaiser":qzkrq99b said:
Aye got out myself, 79.6Km....went to upload it and the file is corrupted :( scunnered so ah am. My own fault I think, as I was trying to turn my Garmin off I plugged the cable in at the same time which tries to turn it on, I think this did it. Good ride anaw took in some decent enough hills, made me realise though how much I'm riding to log miles on Garmin/Strava :? probably not a good thing.

Was wondering what happened. Did you go up the coast to Largs then up the Brisbane Glen?

Aye, cut in through West Kilbride and then up then Glen road and down into Inverkip, cut back through WK and along the back road. I hate to admit it but I went the long way home as well to try to get to 80km, when I got home I was at 79.6 and decided it would be too sad to cycle 200m past my house and then turn round. Because I've never done that before neither I have :oops:

kaiser":2w876mpl said:
Aye, cut in through West Kilbride and then up then Glen road and down into Inverkip, cut back through WK and along the back road. I hate to admit it but I went the long way home as well to try to get to 80km, when I got home I was at 79.6 and decided it would be too sad to cycle 200m past my house and then turn round. Because I've never done that before neither I have :oops:
I rode in ever decreasing circles round my house the other week to push the ride above 50 miles.

gmac123":2w876mpl said:
strava sounds a bit like crack (for the middle aged)
It's nice to see yourself improving on the different segments - I prefer that than chasing the miles, but on the flip-side when you start going backwards it can be pretty disheartening. Recently, I've found myself thinking about wind direction and what segments I might be able to improve on, which is maybe missing the point a bit. I'm less adventurous as well - I'd rather go attack my regular segments than do some exploring, which isn't a good thing.

Well I've secured a pass for next years Strathpuffer :) Its changed from a 'I'm never ding that' to 'I quite fancy that one day' to a bucket list item. Just need to get in now, the entries go very very fast.

Latest posts

Back