Few campag bits, mech and hoods

isitafox

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Looking for some campag bits to clean up my Peloton.
No idea on part numbers or names so I'll post pics of what I have and rely on you lovely folks to help me out!

IMAG0516_BURST002_zpsf91be1a4.jpg

(sorry the pic is upside down!)

IMAG0518_BURST002_zps2e61321b.jpg

IMAG0517_BURST002_zps9e2a9806.jpg

That's all I need for now I think, anyone got something suitable?

Nice but very low level 8sp Campagnolo Veloce kit. Are you saying you need pieces to replace the ones in pics or are these pics you've grabbed of web to illustrate what you need?

Need bits to replace these. The hoods are ripped and the mech is all rusted up I just had no idea what model they were as there's no indication (that I can find) of part numbers and the like.

isitafox":4vbjhzqd said:
Need bits to replace these. The hoods are ripped and the mech is all rusted up I just had no idea what model they were as there's no indication (that I can find) of part numbers and the like.

Yeah, Campagnolo tend not to put names on their parts during this period. You could do a lot worse than source compatible parts from the same era, they all work with eachother. Your parts are from the 92-98 period and any similar 8sp parts will work with the best of your it. Any Athena, Veloce, Mirage, Chorus or Record rear mech from the period will work fine and all ergoshifters (8sp) will be compatible but it's worth noting that all ergos from the range at the time are virtually identical apart from Avanti (lowest range). You might be better just oiling the ergos and buying new hoods (£20 on eBay, look for gen1) as these tend to go for £50+. Your brake calipers are pretty crappy so maybe upgrade to dual-pivot as even the cheapest range dual-pivots were good.

Use www.velobase.com as a guide

Latest posts

Back