I'm new and after a Raleigh Criterium!

ah memories indeed, I had a gate sized 25" one of these when I were but a sixth former! 501 frame, 12 speed - possibly friction as I'm sure I remember those (crappy) plastic 'R' suicide shift levers

Hi,

I'm just saying but I just bought a Raleigh Criterum in new-old-stock condition. It is the gold/green version from the 70's.

Would it be the model you are after?

I found it in Canada though.

xxdcxx":38is9y3a said:
Hi,

I'm just saying but I just bought a Raleigh Criterum in new-old-stock condition. It is the gold/green version from the 70's.

Would it be the model you are after?

I found it in Canada though.

Sorry, am looking for a blue and white 80s model like the photo at the top. Cheers anyhow.

Thanks for the link! I've got them saved on my eBay favorites, although the dodgy title wasn't picked up funnily enough! Defo a little too big for me at only 5ft9, but cheers all the same. Going to have to keep my eyes really peeled I guess....

Can't believe you haven't got one yet.

I got lucky with mine a couple of weeks ago. It was advertised as a Triumph but I knew by the photos it was a Criterium Triathlon 12 so I bid on it and won it for £34.01p. The guy selling corrected his mistake in the listing Text and said it was a Raleigh but as it had no decals on he didn't know what model it was.

When it arrived I got to cleaning it and it was a cracker and completely original other then the lack of decals which I hope to sort soon.

Good luck in getting one but don't be held to ransom for one. I think the one on eBay for £195 is well steep. You can get better for less.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
andymuza":3ok3zz8a said:
Can't believe you haven't got one yet.

I got lucky with mine a couple of weeks ago. It was advertised as a Triumph but I knew by the photos it was a Criterium Triathlon 12 so I bid on it and won it for £34.01p

Good luck in getting one but don't be held to ransom for one. I think the one on eBay for £195 is well steep. You can get better for less.

You got a billy bargain for sure! Don't worry, I have no intention of paying that sort of money for one. I missed out on a really clean, genuine one for £90 delivered on here a few months back and wish I'd been quicker to snap it up. Tbh, I've not been looking much in the meantime, but am now back in full swing searching.
Let me know if you spot something :), cheers!

Back