1990 kona lava dome project

That would explain it then. Very nice Cindercone BTW, the frame lugging and angle looks very similar to my 93 Lavadome which is very light. Did Kona use the same frameset across different models?

Attachments

• IMG_2376.jpg
    IMG_2376.jpg
    271.6 KB · Views: 520
Dug this out, bought a while ago for this project, along with the other xc ltd stuff

image_zpsa9f81167.jpg

Could anyone let me know what size bb would be needed for this ?? Or how to work it out standard un54 115mm I was thinking would this be ok ?

Nice lavadome agent29 by the way

Cheers

Ha thanks :D

Thanks for the info n all, just scouted eBay and found a un55 127mm which should be bang on, thanks again. :D

Out of interest do you still have the BB that came with the bike, Is it serviceable, can it be reused in your project?

Unfortunately not, I binned it as was shot and I didn't know where to start with it, I should have measured the spindle :oops: or kept it for someone on here if they wanted......

It had 23 years of grease/play/wear/rust haha ! I think i much prefer a sealed unit fit and forget, lighter as well and it's a part that's not really seen.

Thats understandable. youve just reminded me,I dont know if yours was the same but mine had a rusted bleed screw screwed into the the BB housing securing the cable guide presumably to drain fluids that may have got in. I never seen that before? does yours have it?

Yeah it had it in, I didn't think of it been a bleed screw, I caught it with a hammer when knocking the old crank off :oops: my 91 cindercone frame, when I got it, didnt have a cable guide and I had to buy one and just fitted a normal hex nut like a bottle cage bolt, but shorter, Mmmmmmm maybe I need to do some modifying..........

just had a thought!!! it's possibly a grease nipple for injecting grease into a non sealed BB from a grease gun with out dismantling the BB?. Regardless of its purpose what ever you end up with just make sure the thread from the nut doesnt protrude into the sealed BB.

Back