'98 Specialized Ground Control FSR (Updated 07/13)

Re: Rear Shock

Khane":2pt85vx4 said:
Yup 165mm i2i Fox Float R.

what PSI do you run at? (and subsequently what is your weight? :p if you don't mind me asking!)
following that, can you tell me what your sag is set to?

Re: '98 Specialized Ground Control FSR (Neo-Retro'd 04/11)

Bit of an update for the FSR.

Got a nice pair of Maverick SC32's for the front end, a Goldtec stem and a matching M965 Lever.

14l7ecw.jpg

love the fact you are still playing with this :)
i've slowly begun to sort out all the bits i need to rebuild my Elite.
just need the time while the weather is still reasonable!

Bar and Cranks would be the only thing else I'd change on it now.
Maybe update the rear shock as well, at some point.

Other than that though, it's exactly how I want it

Khane - I'm new to the RB forums, but not new to the 97-99 FSR Comp, I own I believe a 98/99 comp model and lately I have had no one in my area tell me how I can adapt a disc brake system to the rear of my bike. Obviously I can get the fronts mounted by new forks (which are on the way :D ) But I've never seen a complete adapter setup....Which I believe is what you are running? :?:

Thanks for any info! and Awesome build! I like how you switch it up!

The specialized shark fins are quite a rarity these days, with the FSR fan club growing more and more people are after a shark fin but the stocks of them are few and far between.

But...

Help is at hand... viewtopic.php?f=41&t=163823

Just managed to bag myself some M960 cranks for cheap... Now I just need to win the lottery to afford the rings for it... ¬_¬

looks proper nice now, Khane :) Worth the perseverance huh!

I was looking for a newer Stumpy and a mate offered me one of these so I took it.
It's ghetto and needs work however so i'll keep it ghetto for now, build it, ride it then we'll see where it goes!

Hopefully see a thread running over 3 years here soon!

Back