Merlin

I sacrificed the nice Sunday to finish it ;) It's finally done for now (until I find the right forks)

Nothing spectacular ..just shimano xt 730 & 732

I've a feeling it's a great bike to ride but unfortunately today I will not make it, but soon I'm going to rock with it :D ;)

merlin41.jpg

merlin42.jpg

merlin43.jpg

merlin44.jpg

merlin45.jpg

merlin46.jpg

merlin47.jpg

merlin48.jpg

racer x":2vjw19r5 said:
i like the Pace forks i'm sure you wont find a better looking fork than that for this build....
you had been right mate. The pace not only looks good but technically it runs much better.
Today I had made ​​a very short test ride and found the geo was somehow confused by the manitou, so I removed that damn fork again :oops:

merlin49.jpg

merlin50.jpg

merlin51.jpg

merlin52.jpg

merlin53.jpg

This build is done ...looking forward to tomorrow's trail :D

very classy looking with the pace forks, the manitou didn't look right but are good forks though :cool: what happend to your titanium looking stem noticed you went black :cool:

racer x":3spw8kvf said:
... what happend to your titanium looking stem noticed you went black :cool:
it's now black ;) if there comes another fork, then it will adjust color entries :LOL:

Merlin, one of the best mountain bike that was ever built. That is really true :cool: ...the first real ride was fantastic, I'm thrilled with this titanium bike

merlin54.jpg

merlin56.jpg

merlin57.jpg

beautiful day

merlin59.jpg

merlin60.jpg

Merlin and BOI, a combination that you absolutely must try ;)

merlin61.jpg

And I was wrong, this Merlin has 27.2 seatpost diameter :oops:

Actually I'm not quite finished with the build of this Merlin. I have tried many things and the current state looks like this
...a mixture of different components, Shimano XT, Suntour, Cooks, FC BOI, Salsa, Kona ...

It looks really great with the BOI forks but unfortunately I can't say how it rides (currently I can't ride due to back pain :x )

merlin63.jpg

Those CBR cranks look very nice on that mate :cool:

Back