You got a F***ing death wish?

highlandsflyer":3hg3gru4 said:
I am just looking from the perspective of a motorcyclist and experienced road cyclist. (Something I now avoid.)

I think with the increasing number of videos being posted of riding 'incidents' it is as well to critique each other's riding as well as chiming in with agreement of how we are all being wronged by drivers.

Just assume you have not been seen and always expect vehicles to pull out on you. If anything, avoid eye contact, and never assume it means your position is going to be respected.

It has seen me through thirty plus years of riding motorbikes and cycles.

Oh, and don't go round the back of vehicles if you can help it. I myself have grabbed reverse by accident when pulling off. Don't want to be a couple of feet behind a vehicle negotiating a junction.

As far as the original incident in this thread goes, I can tell the cyclist adopted a defensive position at the point they did, but perhaps they could have done so earlier as they were approaching a narrowing in the lane. Easy for me to say.

The video evidence would lead me to believe a charge of some kind could have been levelled at the occupants of the vehicle, such as threatening behaviour.

have only been riding motorcycles for two years but i get what youre saying, will avoid going round the back now, only reason i did it was because i knew there were cars about to come behind me and really didnt want to hold them up when i would of had to try get what little speed i had back up + stopping on the bike at the time would of meant the chain slipping a bit so didnt want to stop at time lol

as for charges, surely dangerous driving and assault with a vehicle would come into it because technically it is, failing assault with a vehicle assault with a deadly weapon because thats what the car was used as?

Back