calling the specialized epic experts

02gf74

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
is this s-works epic, on ebay, in the original paint?

anybody else think the welding bead for the brace between the top and seat tubes looks lumpy - a bad repair?

$T2eC16h,!zoE9s5ngw6DBSB!0mY8vw~~60_58.JPG

From my phone it doesn't look like an s-works. Although maybe a repainted s-works? Weld does look odd compared to the others, it should be consistent with the others. Possible repair and then re-paint?

hmmm, now you mention it, all the s-works epics i have seen, especially the early ones were carbon fibre which this isn't.

I recently sold an 03 S-Works Epic. That was all aluminium. Mine was a small so didn't have the brace between the top-tube and seat-tube.

I wouldn't like to say if that's an S-Works or not, but the paint doesn't look original, or the decals.

Specialized did make an alloy s-works, it was m5 tubing. Thats been resprayed. I had the epic marathon which was an amazing ride! Epics came with that brace on mediums and up

Plus the S-works had an adjustable brain fade which that doesn't seem to have.

the original late 03 and 04 s-works epics were M5 aluminium, the regular epics were M4, i had a regular one, worst piece of junk I have ever ridden.

Can honestly say the Epic I had was the best bike I have ever rode. Stupidly sold it, would have another tomorrow.

Back