BONTRAGER FAME with "free" bontrager wheels bar and stem.

Re: BONTRAGER FAME with "free" bontrager wheels bar and stem

Sorry fellas, its a 17 with a one inch head tube... :cool:

(the late one on ebay was a good buy, and I have to be honest I was a bonty dealer from the days of global fridge till they ceased at the end of Trek, and never once did I receive a 1"1/8 head tube variant.. :cool:, it wasn't till Hollister told me, did I ask KB and he confirmed that the UK did see a very small amount of run out models with 1"1/8 headtubes when the fork supply became short.)

Is that 17" c to c ?

Could I say a tentative yes until I can just measure up my other ones?

One of mine is 1 1/8"

gingernuts/badger":1t6n511b said:
Is that 17" c to c ?

Could I say a tentative yes until I can just measure up my other ones?

One of mine is 1 1/8"

No probs mate, just let me know, Miss Money Pennys old bonty will go up for sale when I get round to pics properly, (its lovely with the NOS pace fork she fitted, she loves the lock out).

c t c.

I know there weren't many 1"1/8 headtubes supplied to the u.k, and to be fair I literally sold hundreds of frames and bikes over the years. And was gutted when they became no more, in the end we as dealers were fighting over them.... :cry:

I understand why Trek did what they did, but given the event of Cotic and all the others, they left a niche, That would have always needed to be filled.

if any of you other bonty fans come across a 16/16.5 inch Privateer/Race/OR (whatever actually!) I'd be very interested, I've got a 17ish at the moment and it's a smidge too big!

:)

-----Bontrager frameset, now sold and delivered-------- :cool:

Back