Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I don't think there is another one here :idea:

More wellknown for his MTB's
Alain Ferraroli was a road pro who turned framemaker after his pro stint

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=112509&hilit=ferraroli

I managed to find this roadbike in France

rebuilt it with full dura ace kit ( from the 7400 range apart from front mech which is a bit later) in triple guise .

I cannot get tired of this beautiful seatstay and front fork :idea: :mrgreen:
The geometry is uncommon with a 52cm seattube and 56cm toptube and a quite short fork front tube but it suits me fine

Forgive the poor pictures taken with my blackberry
will get better ones later on

need to sort out a few details ( barplugs and pedals)
shall I leave the present bartape which is certainly original or put full yellow tape? I wonder ?

I love the seat stay wishbone, so elegant and delicate.

I'd go for yellow bar tape if you can find some to match the saddle.

Otherwise, a white Rolls or Turbo saddle and white tape would look fantastic on that bike.

Johnny

Robbied196":1399de18 said:
Yellow leather stitched with green thread :)

Beautiful bike, one for rBoTM!
No not Green and yellow. That's my old school colours, Ugh!!!!

Green and Silver. Mmmmmmmm, minty

OK change of stem to a more elegant thinner one

new bar tape

contemporary pedals

decent pictures :idea:

Some of you may have seen this bike is build as a triple chainrings setup but still actually sports Dura Ace 7400 STI which were only capable of two chainrings setup as far as I know

here is the small trick that allows it ! :idea:

usual TA ring which carries the granny AND
a small accessory that modifies the length of cable pulled at the cable stop level - il slides within a small cylinder to change the pull !
first time I see this accessory :cool:

Re:

Photos to follow at some point, but just (belatedly) following up this thread having recently acquired and built up a bargain (<£90 with a Mavic BB and Ultegra headset thrown in) Ferraroli frameset from eBay. It has a lot of details (braze-ons, fork style, seat clamp) in common with this one but the rear brake cable is part-exposed with split stops on the top tube, whilst the seatstays are the conventional type. Decals are of a later(?) pattern similar to this frame: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Ferra ... 3f480ba2d2

It's not the lightest bike around but the workmanship is lovely. Sadly my RSP 853 had to be retired as it was a bit small for me and the position wasn't ideal for prolonged road rides. I should be a bit less hunched up on the new machine, which I've not test ridden yet but am looking forward to taking for a spin soon (not too long either until the clocks change and evening rides after work are "go").

Edit: just added some quick phone pics this evening. Group is largely a Campag Centaur/Veloce/Mirage 10-speed mix although the headset & BB are the ones that came with the frame; chainset is a Stronglight Ironlight one. Old-style Look pedals, Miche Reflex clincher wheels, Deda Piega bars, a Cinelli Vai seatpost and a 3T Chromix stem just about complete the picture; tyres are Hutchinson Atom as you can see from the pic - like the Selle Monte Grappa saddle they were an online Planet X bargain.

David

Attachments

• Photo0068.jpg
    Photo0068.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 1,479
  • Photo0067.jpg
    Photo0067.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 1,480
  • Photo0069.jpg
    Photo0069.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 1,479
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back