Vintage 1980s Custom Built Tony Oliver Bike with Campagnolo

Mark2642

Retro Newbie
I have a 1980s Tony Oliver custom built bike with Campagnolo gears and fittings which belonged to my grandfather.

I would appreciate some help with identifying more about bike and it's other fittings and features.

I can post some images if anybody is clued up on this maker and his bikes? And if anybody has his book it may be helpful to see if the bike is included in there.

Cheers.

Re: Vintage 1980s Custom Built Tony Oliver Bike with Campagn

sorry, I posted last night but from my ipad and it wouldn't let me upload the images.

images are now uploaded. Any help with identifying anything about the bike would be gratefully received and would help me with advertising it when I sell it.

cheers.

Attachments

• image_a.jpg
    image_a.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 1,021
  • image[1]_a.jpg
    image[1]_a.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 1,019
  • image[2]_a.jpg
    image[2]_a.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 1,016
  • image[3]_a.jpg
    image[3]_a.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 1,017
  • image[4]_a.jpg
    image[4]_a.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 1,020
  • image[5]_a.jpg
    image[5]_a.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 1,021
  • image[6]_a.jpg
    image[6]_a.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 1,021

Looks like a cyclo cross frame mate. Cantilever brakes rather than calipers, quite large clearance around wheels. It's not a touring frame as no mudguard eyes.

Is the seat pin painted red, or does the seat tube extend right up above the top tube? Can't make it out from the pic.

Cheers

Matt_wood55":1a2volzj said:
Looks like a cyclo cross frame mate. Cantilever brakes rather than calipers, quite large clearance around wheels. It's not a touring frame as no mudguard eyes.

Is the seat pin painted red, or does the seat tube extend right up above the top tube? Can't make it out from the pic.

Cheers

Looks like a long seat tube as you can see the bolt just beneath the saddle.

Headset looks like an EDCO Competition...........sought after if in good nick, even in Gold :D

Shaun

Wow, that's a nice looking bike. You want to make sure you keep a firm hold on it :D

Opps! just noticed that you were thinking of selling.

Latest posts

Back