Tyres, tyres, tyres.

xerxes

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
All these tyres, with the exception of the Marin's have done under 200 miles.

I will knock off the postage cost, a whopping £9.10, from any of these if anyone wants to come and collect from Folkestone, Kent.

Panaracer Mach SS - Wire Bead - 26 x 1.96" - If you love mending punctures, these are the tyres for you. I my experience was anything to go by, you're pretty much guaranteed at least one puncture every ten miles. To be fair, every time it was shards of flint, so if your route doesn't include flint laden gravel tracks, as mine often does, you may have more luck.

£15.00 the pair including UK postage.

Pan1.jpg

Pan2.jpg

Schwalbe City Jets - 26 x 1.96" - Wire Bead - £15.00 the pair including UK postage.

City1.jpg

City2.jpg

Hutchinson Python Light Air - Wire Bead - 26 x 2.00" - £20.00 the pair including UK postage.

Hutch1.jpg

Hutch2.jpg

Marin RockStar - Wire Bead - 26 x 2.00" - These came fitted to my Marin Pine Mountain, so they are 23 years old and looking rather sorry for themselves, price is just to cover the postage - £9.10 the pair including UK postage.

MRT1.jpg

MRT2.jpg

Not particularly, but certainly noticeably slimmer than the Schwalbe Sammy Slicks 26 x 2.1" I now have on the same rims. They are a dry weather XC tyre so the tread is quite low profile and they aren't as chunky as more knobbly mud tyres. I actually quite liked these tyres, but most of my routes consist of a fair amount of tarmac, so semi slicks make more sense.

Back