A Keith Coppell - in Green

Jamiedyer":83gofmob said:
Once again, it just keeps looking better and better.
Beautiful!
Hows it ride?

Jamie

Thanks but I am still waiting for a dry sunny day so that I can take it out for a spin.

I have now got some look pedals on it so its all ready to go.

It is interesting geometry, quite slack angles but all very close clearance, presumably because it is a time trial bike?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone would be able to give me an idea of the date of my Keith Coppell frame (Paula?) as I want to rebuild it with correct period components.

The frame number is:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 301
Hi

Yeah Dad trained up with Harry Quinn and then he did national service and i think he went back there after that. He set up in Maghull in 1978 (i think) and he retired in 1998. He built a number of bikes and had the person who was buying the bike in for measuring and stuff they were all made specifically for the buyer, exactly as they wanted it. I think he was building a couple a month so there will be quite a few out there, there is one in Canada that i know of and i think there are some in the isle of man.

If you have a keith coppell bike you have a quality bike, built with love and built to last (don't mean to sound arrogant, but its true lol).

Like i said in the previous post i'm going to have three of my dad's own bikes up for sale and if any one is interested let me know. one is a low profile one is normal type bike and the other is a tandem, made specifically so mum and i could go on it to, so it's smaller on the back than it is on the front.

Kind regards

Paula
xxx

Been updating the Keith Coppell a bit so that it will be more rideable and ready for when the weather picks up.

So, it now wears GP4's on Campagnolo Record Hubs, Turbo Saddle on Campagnolo Aero Seat Stem and Campagnolo Chorus (I think) brake Levers.

I have also swapped the chainset to a Campagnolo Gran Sport and put a 13-21 block on the back.

Roll on the Summer!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 203
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 203
Hi

Sorry it has taken a while for me to get back to you. I would think late 80's early 90's (probably 1988-1991) RboTM

Kind regards

Paula

Hello,

I think this is a great looking bike.

In the first image ( I presume how it was when you acquired it?) it seems to have a pair of ESGE Gold mudguards on. If correct, you don't still happen to have these do you? I'm currently looking for some to replace a damaged front on an 80's Raleigh I'm working on. I've sent you a PM.

Kind Regards.

Latest posts

Back