14 year old girl commits suicide because she was bullied

02gf74":emi5khi3 said:
Isaac_AG":emi5khi3 said:
I am ugly, put it this way my son said "well your not a looker" to my daughters comment of " I'd rather you didn't to to my parents evening ( her secondary school first) as you are not as pretty as the other mums" and as an 8 year old my oldest son was asked " Why does your mum look like a man?" my son said " Because she used to be one" I look like a man and am so afraid of womens clothing cus I think if I wear them they'll think "What an ugly woman" if I don't they'll accept me more :roll:

seeing as you list having at least 3 children, either you are married to Stevie Wonder or your husband has an unlimited supply of paper bags. .... but you are beautifull on the inside which is what counts!

...and reading between the lines, your kids obviously aren't a bunch of dogs so you must have some redeeming features ;)

RadNomad":1s1iedha said:
The problem with the internet generally is the complete absence of accountability, prompting irresponsible fools and persons of low character to type utterly revolting statements they wouldn't say eye-to-eye, because if they did they'd be caught and publically embarassed. Simple cowards.
Maybe one way to assist growing kids would be to explain this to them early on and impress upon them that basically everything negative they read on the internet is not to be taken seriously.
Easier said than done i guess.. :?:

This.

I have two stepsons 12 and 15. The 12yo is a very good drummer, likes riding his bmx, skateboarding and lots of other sporty things like that. The 15yo is very active too, riding around town to his friends and girlfriend's house. Point them in the direction of facebook, instagram, twitter et al and it all changes.

Social networking sites are life for teenagers now, if you ain't involved, you ain't cool.

It's so easy to say, and I've said it myself in the past, just press the off switch. It's not possible. The arguments continue with other people egging each other on. And it will be a very big slanging match too, when I've had a look at 15yo FB account over his shoulder I saw he had well over 1000 friends and at least a couple of hundred were online at any one time. That is normal. A lot of people wouldn't realise the scale of these sorts of things, I thought I was relatively in touch, until I saw the 15yo's FB. This isn't someone pulling your hair and nicking your lunch money, this is getting literally hundreds of people to slag someone off with little or no recourse, because as we all know, people are much braver and stronger in their comments when they are online or texting. And of course people will join in for a laugh too, the classic troll.

RIP that poor girl

02gf74":3t2uk3yk said:
Isaac_AG":3t2uk3yk said:
I am ugly, put it this way my son said "well your not a looker" to my daughters comment of " I'd rather you didn't to to my parents evening ( her secondary school first) as you are not as pretty as the other mums" and as an 8 year old my oldest son was asked " Why does your mum look like a man?" my son said " Because she used to be one" I look like a man and am so afraid of womens clothing cus I think if I wear them they'll think "What an ugly woman" if I don't they'll accept me more :roll:

seeing as you list having at least 3 children, either you are married to Stevie Wonder or your husband has an unlimited supply of paper bags. .... but you are beautifull on the inside which is what counts!

Affording his latest design in bag is pushing us to the limit :LOL: I met my hubby when we were both 3 in playgroup, although I moved to the country and he stayed in the city I used to go to his for the summer holidays, I've always said that if he'd met me as a teen he'd never have married me, but then again we are good together. I have four children an although I maybe an embarrassment to them I think they love me deep down, I just wish I did look like the other mums.

You guys can be so sweet, thanks :D I try to be beautiful on the inside.

Alison

widowmaker":25qcq715 said:
Please don't call yourself ugly :? :(

It's very difficult when you make a gourmet meal look like a dogs dinner :roll: and you've been bullied all your life because of it :oops: but I'll try.

Alison

Isaac_AG":3hxehiuu said:
widowmaker":3hxehiuu said:
Please don't call yourself ugly :? :(

It's very difficult when you make a gourmet meal look like a dogs dinner :roll: and you've been bullied all your life because of it :oops: but I'll try.

Alison

Retrobike is a friendly place most of the time, hopefully you wont get bullied here !

And I look like Sid James on a bad day :oops: :facepalm:

Al, you really need to get out and meet these guys; they'll just treat you like one of the lads, which at the end of the day is the best any of us could wish for...

...and let's face it, this is mainly a bunch of middleaged blokes any of whom could redefine 'aesthetically challenged' at the toss of a coin; apart from Heathy of course, who is so disgracefully good looking he shouldn't be allowed out! :LOL:

We_are_Stevo":3fiwf04x said:
Al, you really need to get out and meet these guys; they'll just treat you like one of the lads, which at the end of the day is the best any of us could wish for...

...and let's face it, this is mainly a bunch of middleaged blokes any of whom could redefine 'aesthetically challenged' at the toss of a coin; apart from Heathy of course, who is so disgracefully good looking he shouldn't be allowed out! :LOL:

Do you mean that Heathy is not a kid with a wobbly belly :D

Alison

Latest posts

Back