Peugeot Python 531 18.5 inch frame -SOLD

xxnick1975

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Lovely bit of French made 531 this. Rides great, I have loved this bike over the last 15 months and riden it quite a bit.

But my other bikes are demanding to be ridden, so this one has to go. It's someone elses turn to enjoy this French beauty now.

531 frame, tange forks. Mavic Oxygen rims - running nice and straight, actually these are great wheels they just run and run.

Spec wise its all solid mid range shimano and suits the bike nicely

500LX rm and chainset. LX fm and cantis. STX STIs. TTT stem, uncut bars, ODI attack grips and tyres are a pair of Mythos, in good nick.

£60 collected from Herts (but let me know where you are, I travel about a bit, so you never know).

If someone is really keen, I will post at cost.

Attachments

• pug up close 531.jpg
    pug up close 531.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 898
  • pug1.jpg
    pug1.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 898
Re: Peugeot Python 531 18.5 inch frame

Any idea what year it is? Guess would be 1990, based on nothing reliable at all :LOL:

yeah 1990 i reckon

they had the whole range of snakes - annaconda was purple and green and 200GS, this python and also a blue and black coloured black mamba

i love them - really sorted bikes, reynolds, mavic, shimano - all the right stuff in the right places - this was pug at the top of their game if you ask me

Woo, I get a biscuit! :D

Agreed - they made some lovely bikes in their heyday, don't think they ever really had the success they deserved over here, probably because they were head to head with Raleigh...

Had it been a 1989 Scorpion I think I might have been biting your hand off at that price.

Carl.

I can verify that this is a great little bike - I sold it to him 2 years ago. The frame is light and the wheels alone are almost worth the price.

These Peugeots were very under-rated.

GLWS

Back