Dave Lloyd CATS WISKAS

ringo":2u5li5oj said:
Cov was a late call... Were you there on Tues?
No, but I could have been.

As for the decals, I've seen bikes with and (like yours) without, so size and placement I would say were entirely up to you.

Oh and the creative one is Jon, he's the clever bugg... erm, graphic designer.

Been beavering away this evening... CATS is nearly ready for it next outing at the Yorkshire Nationals on Sunday..

RC36 Pro Class fitted... I really like the change and to me have lit the build. The previous RC36's were a little scruffy... The Pro Class also have the benefit of actually working somewhere close to where Pace expected! Raceface cranks are a tidy addition, but I need blue chainring bolts! XTR rear wheel has slotted in and I've treated her to a full set of new brake pads. Last job tomorrow is to bang an M950 rear mech (that'll I'll scavenge off the Manitou HT - (Oh the shame, it's Aluminium!)). Oh and the more observant amongst you might spot the tarty gold cable crimps!

Further down the road, we'll be changing the cable outers for white!

Gawd, I love this bike and can't wait for Sunday!

Small update on the Lloyd. Got some Blue Mags (thanks Paddling Pool) and have fitted them. Calipers at a bit of a jaunty angle as I need new pads (but will sort that). Thought the white turbo didn't really suit, so the ubiquitous Flite has gone on there. 8 speed XT shifters look after the changes...

I'd love a nice ti Bonty Bar to go with the stem, but that can wait. Kona Racelites felt a little narow with bar ends, so I am trying some Hyperlites...

Sorry about the pics, either my camera is playing up or the light was really funny!

Oh, forgot to add, rebuilt the rear wheel around the XTR hub as there were some crack on the rim it came with...

Looks nice mate, class fork they look identical to the ones I just sold, and had delivered yesterday... :cool:

Im sure you will like the performance, had you thought about removing the secondary spring it will reduce the travel by 20mm, from 90 to 70mm, but it might do the trick just nicely.

That bike has proven to be a good buy/investment to my mind.... :cool:

It ought to be in B.O.T.M to my mind too.

(No hang on, don't do that I already have two of the buggers to choose from, I don't want to make it a harder month to choose :oops:)

It's fascinating to see this slowly evolving.

Good call on the saddle, I like the look of the Turbo and they certainly are comfortable, but I'm not really a white saddle person.

I like the changes that you have made. I don't usually like Maguras myself, but they just look right on there. :cool:
Shouldn't the front brake hose be over the crown though, not under? Couldn't it get damaged when the forks compress?

Thanks Sinnerman... Will consult my manual and maybe remove the secondary spring... I do get 20mm 0f sag from sitting on it though, so geometry should be there or thereabouts...

Maybe pitch it at BOTM when I'm completely happy with the build.. As I say, Bonty or Renthal bar and maybe a black seatpost... Got to careful i don't introduce to many colours though...

Back