Nelson Cycles/Frames.

law

Devout Dirtbag
Anyone know much about Nelson Frames?

Picked up a cheap Alu-carbon Nelson R240 frame.
Looks really nice, in blue/black with an ovalised top tube and wishbone seat stays yum! (they're like my own personal catnip!)

Obviously tried searching via google.
Found these results http://www.nelsoncycles.co.uk/Frames.htm so I've scoured the web.
Just wondered if anyone on here had any experience of these frames or not.

Ok, so now it's a question of sizing.
I'm 6' on the dot and I usually ride a 58cm frame.
The nelson I've acquired is a 56cm frame, but nelson measure them from the centre of the BB to the TOP of the seatpost so it looks significantly smaller than my 58cm fixed gear commuter bike.
It's a lovely frame and I'd love to keep it but just a little worried that it's a smidge too small!!
The reason I was downsizing on my road bike frame was because I have a road frame that's got a long top tube and it gives me a sore back.
Nelsons sizing guide says that the 56cm frame will fit up to 5' 11" so I'm over by one inch.
The problem is that I can't find anymore frames like this anywhere. It looks like they've stopped making them otherwise I'd buy a 58cm version. I've emailed to asked them if they're getting any in stock anytime. So I'm waiting for a reply.

Here's some pictures to illustrate.
As you can see there's quite a bit of fork steerer showing to lift the stem and bars high enough.

2Ava1jUbBjEsGgB1CVGgRbtf_LxTbFRgBrmlhbuUgRV69y-Qka3rbxmjpCUB7cwk-Q=s400

7JHCRGaFH5huk9W45A-zsdHFkLOxRYVFSATsjNQ-hrVjdmX9Zkz3GrpAs04LWpHZ_g=s400

X-BW7Bt67m2ufjnU2v3-vPBzw66Q_f_gkHXTHFNWlaav7JJeoQ7AA0nH5LKcOCKpUQ=s400

Think I might go for it.
Just a case of starting to swap all the components from the dynatech to the Nelson now.
I'll need to buy a hollow tech bb tool and some cable cutter, ferrules etc, but should be a fairly simple swap.
The dynatech has internal cable routing whereas the nelson has external, so I'll have to cut the cable outer into 2. But I'm hoping that's as complex as it'll get.
Wish me luck.

Tar mate. Contacted the bloke from Nelson through that website already.
The bloke who runs cyclebasket is the son of the frame builder who ran Nelson frames. Sadly he's broken his collarbone so is out of action. Double sadly is that they're closing down, so no more kinesis frames branded as Nelson and no more cyclebasket. Can't find any more anywhere else either.

Back