Hope hub ID

gerryattrick

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I picked up this rear wheel yesterday at a boot sale. Very bling gold tubular rim with aero spokes, complete with unused Vittoria tyre, but not much use without the other one. I only bought it for the hub as it runs really smoothly and I thought it might come in handy for a future build.

Can anyone id this particular Hope hub and approx year please?

Attachments

• IMG_2529.JPG
    IMG_2529.JPG
    133.7 KB · Views: 335
  • IMG_2535.JPG
    IMG_2535.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 335
Yep, it's a Hope 'Glide' hub I believe. I have exactly the same on one of my bikes. I can't praise them enough, well worth looking after. They came in both 130mm OLN for road and 135mm for MTB.

As for the year, not exactly sure but early 90's I think.

Only advice is be mindful of spoke tension as these have a reputation for the flanges cracking when not tensioned properly. Although that said, I've had three different Hope wheel sets from that era and never had any problems.

Yours is on a nice rim too, would be a shame to strip it down unless the rim is worn out or damaged etc

Ti-Glide... 1994 - 96...ish. Made with a few alterations until 2000 and a bit when the Mono replalced it.

Pop into the Archive and pics details and service instuctions are in there

Thanks for the replies.

Although it is a great wheel, I've no wish to go to tubular tyres, and would probably find it difficult to get another rim to match so will probably split it.

Look out for rim, tyre and spokes in the For Sale section soon.

Back