Show us what you did today, thread

dyna-ti":2kvowpcv said:
Nice on the forks Andy Jealous :mrgreen:

Not wishing to rain on your parade HM but given many foxes wear badly at the stanchions if not looked after you might want to consider either a full service or at least fitting new spongy washer things to keep it lubed :?

Great forks :D i only wish id been able to keep the one i had, shame the 175mm steerer was way too short for me :(

Doesnt your mate know what the front derailleur is for ? :p

Andy , nothing gets past you !! There is some wear on one of the stanchions. Thats why the were cheapish. Ive lubed the wee sponges and we'll see what happens. I dont put huge amounts of miles on mountainbikes and they appear to work ok. I'm not really sure what problems stanchion wear will cause.

The big ring to big ring in the photo was just me messing about with things. He couldnt turn the cranks in the big ring !

Just got to finish cabling up an old steed and possibly scour my parts bin for a rear mech that still has some power in its springs, old bikes :roll:

Not saying what bike I'm bringing as everytime I do I dont bring it for some mechanical reason :oops:

I needed a functioning bike so built up my old Haro frame that had been steadily canabilised. An odd mixture of Magura, Deore, Kona and some Hope Centrelock hubs with unknown rims. It rides very nicely:

Nice :cool:
I had the basic steel Haro called a Vector V0, heavy but rode rather well, although the bent top tube adds no advantage its a gimmick like GT's triple triangle that adds a certain attractive something :D

Nope, I think Haro's are better, both though have gimmick features.
GT makes the best retro full sussers though and Clubby's carbon LTS thingy is the Bawz even if he claims I believe its going to snap, I never say nothing, he's the one doing the talking :roll:

Built this today for some reason
It was a gt rts but that cracked its b/b shell ,so I stripped that and hung the bits on this
a98eb83f4ddea86c906196829beee651_zps176f90c6.jpg

And very nice it is too

Mike

Back