You got a F***ing death wish?

widowmaker":yv8ta8g7 said:
Is it me or do some women seem to be a gobby as men :roll:

I can see why i married a non-Brit :LOL:

Don't you love the police :roll:

Not related to this in any way really but the other side of the issue -

On my way back from work yesterday in my van I was driving (slowly and cautiously) up a narrow (single track) tarmac climb and caught up with two road cyclists, a man and a woman, both resplendent in their "MT" (Manx Telecom) team kit. As we were on a long right-hand bend and I couldn't see past, I just considerately sat about 10 metres behind them and waited for better visibility.

The woman, who was at the back, just kept waving me through and shouted "overtake then, if you want!". Thinking that maybe she had better visibility around the bend than me, I crept past her, only to be met with a car coming down the hill......

As I dropped back I said to her (through my open nearside window) that was the very reason I hadn't overtaken them earlier. I just got given the finger and told to "F**k off".
I was (and still am, to be honest) bloody infuriated. I put up with a lot of things but I won't usually tolerate blatant (and unfounded) rudeness and abuse. And although I was, for a moment, tempted to pull in 100 metres up the hill, stop her and ask her what her f**king problem was, I realised that I'd just have to suck it up,ignore it and put it down to just yet another gobby woman.

They always seem to be mid 30's/40 ish too, for some reason.

I can't see that the cyclist did anything wrong at all, but even if he had, as far as I'm aware, there are no circumstances under which you are allowed to hit another vehicle, even if they are misbehaving, or deliberately obstructing you, you're not allowed to ram them. How on earth can the cyclist be held even partly responsible for being hit from behind in this manner?

some drivers are just stupid - this is one that happened to me when i was riding my carrera - read the discription on the video.
http://youtu.be/uyA01Gjo7iE

I had exactly the same happen to be a few weeks back, the driver couldn't have not seen me, it was at night and I have very, very bright lights. It wasn't dangerous, I had plenty of time to slow and go behind her, as you did with the truck, but it was just downright rude and inconsiderate and I'm fairly certain that she wouldn't have pulled out if I was in a car. It was purely because I was on a bicycle and in her mind, didn't count.

xerxes":oncym1uh said:
some drivers are just stupid - this is one that happened to me when i was riding my carrera - read the discription on the video.
http://youtu.be/uyA01Gjo7iE

I had exactly the same happen to be a few weeks back, the driver couldn't have not seen me, it was at night and I have very, very bright lights. It wasn't dangerous, I had plenty of time to slow and go behind her, as you did with the truck, but it was just downright rude and inconsiderate and I'm fairly certain that she wouldn't have pulled out if I was in a car. It was purely because I was on a bicycle and in her mind, didn't count.

it happens all the time to me, usually i just go behind and carry on, but this guy (out of view of camera) after he pulled out stuck his middle finger up at me out his window, tbh if i was on my motorbike and he did that i would of pulled infront of him, got off and had a right go at him, but he probably wouldnt of if i was on the motorbike.

I would find it VERY difficult to not kick off in a big way if that happened to me, especially with the adrenaline of being knocked off.

I don't care if they were on the way to a funeral :evil:

widowmaker":2osfew9o said:
I would find it VERY difficult to not kick off in a big way if that happened to me, especially with the adrenaline of being knocked off.

I don't care if they were on the way to a funeral :evil:

+1 on that

Back