1986 Raleigh Team Corsa 12

MrW

Senior Retro Guru
After 5 years of looking at this 'project' today was the day it got stripped down, and the cleaning began....

Almost 100% original, I am just seeking the all elusive Brake Hoods for the Shimano 105 Golden Arrow Levers, and some Benotto White handlebar tape...

Decided to keep this as a 'survivor' rather than go down the full restoration route

It's a Worksop built January 1986 Team Corsa 12 with full Shimano 105 Golden Arrow group set

From Roadking - 1986 Raleigh Team Corsa 12

MrW":157h4wzk said:
After 5 years of looking at this 'project' today was the day it got stripped down, and the cleaning began....

Almost 100% original, I am just seeking the all elusive Brake Hoods for the Shimano 105 Golden Arrow Levers, and some Benotto White handlebar tape...

Decided to keep this as a 'survivor' rather than go down the full restoration route

It's a Worksop built January 1986 Team Corsa 12 with full Shimano 105 Golden Arrow group set

The Corsa is a nice bicycle, but not built in Worksop but built at the Lightweight Unit (LU) in Nottingham. Raleigh used the W (Worksop) frame prefix to differentiate the classier frames from the grey porridge after Worksop was closed.

Here's my 1984 Corsa (only in this colour - Oyster - for 1984), I bought it new and with a Shimano 600EX groupset.

Post some more images when yours is finished.

Jon.

Attachments

• CorsaFullProfile.jpg
    CorsaFullProfile.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 7,088
@MrW, Looking forward to seeing the finished article.

@roadking, thats a nice looking ride. Almost identical to the Criterium Triathlon 12.

Thanks guys

@roadkind, your Corsa is from the same era as my virtually NOS Competition 531c... (Pics to follow!)

Some cleaning and polishing done...

Wheels next... any suggestions on cleaning and polishing these?

I'm going to have to stop looking at these Raleighs, first the gold one and now these two.

I'm starting to want one :D

What have you used to polish it up with?

Thank you

I am using Autosol metal polish, lots of soft cloths and some sore fingers!

Update

All that is left to 'restore/clean/sort' are the Rims..

You can see them in more than 1 photo, and they are in a right state... any suggestions most welcome!

Then they will be off to the LBS to get trued, and then its Handlebar tape, tubes and tyres time!

Finally finished today!

Edit to spec after discovering a 1986 Brochure which is closer in spec than the 1985 one I had already found:

Frame: Reynolds 501 Double Butted Chromalloy-M Main Tubes with Gipiemme Forged Ends & Short Point Super Leger Lugs.

Fork: Reynolds 501 SL Taper Gauge Blades, Precision Cast Sloping Internal Fork Crown, Gipiemme Forged Ends

Headset: Shimano 105 Golden Arrow
Stem: SR Custom Light Alloy
Handlebar: SR Engraved Alloy Bend
Bar Tape: BBB Suede Effect

Brake Levers/Brifters: Shimano 105 Golden Arrow
Brake Calipers: Shimano 105 Golden Arrow QR Recessed Fitting
Brake Pads: Shimano
Brake Cables: Generic

Shifters: Shimano 105 Golden Arrow
Front Derailleur: Shimano 105 Golden Arrow
Rear Derailleur: Shimano 105 Golden Arrow
Derailleur Cables: Generic
Cassette: Shimano Cassette, Silver, 13-15-17-19-21-24T
Chain: Sedisport Silver/Black
Cranks: Shimano 105 Golden Arrow
Chainrings: Shimano 52/42T
Bottom Bracket: Tange
Pedals: Alloy MKS Quill

Rims: Weinmann 513E 700C Eyeletted Alloy
Hubs: Shimano 105 Small Flange Alloy QR
Hub Skewers: Shimano 105
Nipples: Generic
Spokes: 14G Rustless
Tyres: Michelin Dynamic Classic 700 x 23c
Tubes: Raleigh

Saddle: ISCA 406 Black Suede
Seatpost: Fluted Alloy, Single Allen Bolt Adjustment
Seatpost Binder: Alloy

Bottle Cage: Alloy
Extras: Frame Fitting Inflator, Christophe Toe Clips and Straps, Wide Angle Reflector, Comet Wheel Reflectors

Weight: 23lb

Back