Kona Fire Mountain

beddybee

Dirt Disciple
Hello all,

I picked up this Kona Fire Mountain on Ebay this week, I think it might be 93? The spec might indicate that year, although I think it might have come with threaded P2 forks originally. Does anyone know what exact forks these are? I think they may be 199- Judy? There have been other changes to the original bits as well, I don't think this bike came with Araya wheels, the front cali has been replaced with v-brake, the rear shifter is different, and there is an ahead stem with different bars.

Any advice on where I should go on this? Is it worth caring about keeping it original as some of it has been changed, or should I source some nice bits to bring it back to life, the levers and shifers have seen better days.

Sorry for poor pics, no space, too dark! Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• kona frame.jpg
    kona frame.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 323
  • kona forks.jpg
    kona forks.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 323
  • kona middle.jpg
    kona middle.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 323
  • kona rear.jpg
    kona rear.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 323
It's a 1992 model, 1993 had the dual colour fade schema. You could have it in lime green or stealth black...to make it look like an Explosif perhaps ;-)

That does look like a Judy, probably from 1996/7 as it hasn't got a canti-brace. I can't tell from the pic's but as they've fitted a v-brake to the front, did they also change the lever? If not you'll have some "fun" although I see they've fitted a converter on the v as well.

Looks like you've got some scrubbing and deep cleaning to do so good luck!

ahhh your right! It is a 92, so the Araya wheels are original, thanks for informing me :) Yep, lots of scrubbing to do. I think I might get some threaded P2's and the velocity stem on it and offload the Shox. Levers are original, just the front v-brake has changed. Tempted to go full original, we'll see!

Latest posts

Back