Kona Hahanna Fit?

alexandlinda

Raleigh Fan
I have recently aquired a nice '96 Kona Hahanna 18" and was hoping for some sage words from someone more experienced on frame size / fit.

I have been using a modern Kona Cinder Cone 18" which is perfect and the older bike feels very different of course. Smaller in a way because the front of the bike is so much lower.
Does anyone know if the 18" Frame on the '96 Kona is about right for my size?
Oh... my size!!

I am a shade under 5'11" and inside leg is 32"

Thanks!

AlexH

Thanks,

I think I agree, and its fantastic to ride... really precise. I may however fit a slightly higher stem as its a bit weird switching between the two bikes!
What do you have yourself?

All best

Alex

alexandlinda":25ubqnha said:
What do you have yourself?

Almost too many to list (I blame RB completely), so I'll just say a few British bikes made of steel; Roberts, Yates, Rourke and the like.

I don't have any modern bikes, so I can really comment on stem height compared to you other Kona, but I think you'll know when it's comfy, and there is nothing like tinkering and modifying a retro until it fits just so.

Enjoy.

I'm 6' 2" with a 33,5" inseam and a ride a 20" as my "kiddo Taxi" the frame fit me great, I'm sure your frame is the right size for you..
IMG_4468-M.jpg

Thank you all for the useful info! I am tinkering to get it right but love it nonetheless..
Like the Kiddo Taxi!! I used to have a front handlebar mounted seat for my son when he was very young.. A Dutch contraption but was pretty good when the child was very small!

I rode a 19" Kona Cindercone (1994 model) for many years I'm 6'. My stem was a 125mm jobbie with about 10° rise. I know this because it is sitting next to me on the table.

Back