Muddy Fox Courier Comp

xxnick1975

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Back story to this one is that this is the bike my Dad had in the early nineties - he loved it, indeed we all did.

But as was all too common back then (and still now) some scrotes nicked it out the shed, along with my brothers Spec Hardrock Sport.

So I always wanted to reunite my old fella with his pride and joy, so have had my eye out for a while.

These do come up from time to time, but invariable never 100% original, always a different saddle, new tyres, grips or something. Also quite a few have rear cantis, rather than the U brake version which is what i wanted.

So everything comes to he who waits...

This minter was outed on the ebay section in June, and with a £60 BIN I didn't hang about.

Enjoy the pictures - lets start with some of the MF original bits

Attachments

• mf7.jpg
    mf7.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 1,943
  • mf6.jpg
    mf6.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 1,943
  • mf5.jpg
    mf5.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 1,944
  • mf4.jpg
    mf4.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 1,943
  • mf3.jpg
    mf3.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 1,943
  • mf2.jpg
    mf2.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 1,943
  • mf1.jpg
    mf1.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 1,944
Now then, I know this isn't the best bike ever, though it is a lovely smooth ride, but more importantly it just shows that minters are still out there.

In this next run of picture, all i have done is clean the bike with soapy water and given it a bit of autogleam here and there.

No parts removed, nothing replaced - this is as I bought it and as it left the factory.

Lush.

Attachments

• foxy 4.jpg
    foxy 4.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 1,938
  • foxy 3.jpg
    foxy 3.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 1,938
  • foxy 2.jpg
    foxy 2.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 1,938
  • foxy 1.jpg
    foxy 1.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 1,939
So I have handed this over to my Dad, and hes well chuffed. He is now the coolest dude in the bowls club and has re-found his love of bikes.

I also left him with a nice fat sadlle, a rack, some mudguards (off my Saracen - see other thread!), a shorter steeper stem, some riser bars, some slicks and open ended grips and some bar ends.

At 70 plus the position on this is a bit streched for him, so hopefully these extra bits and bobs can help on the comfort side

....but there has been talk of the risers being fitted with bar ends :shock:

Will add a pictures of the final outcome next time I see it

happy cycling

Give him a hand with the weight and get him a better chainset, those Exage country one weigh a ton (think of an earlier 200GS) and don't do the all up weight any favours.
Other than that nice bike (I may be a bit biased though).

Carl.

A nice thing to do with a nice bike.

Occasionally the 80's Kalloy stems pop up - they're cast so not weight weenie - but suit the Geo and are OEM (see my Aluteam pro link for it -even the name cast into the side and the canti roller means a straight swap.

And :)

right, visted my folks today so had a look at what my old fella has done to the fox....

lets just say he likes it :facepalm:

Attachments

• old fox 1.jpg
    old fox 1.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 1,801
  • old fox 2.jpg
    old fox 2.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 1,801
Something has to be done about those barends...

Other than that, a cool story, and journey...

Back