Real or spam (PayPal content)

daj

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I keep getting emails saying a password change has been attempted from a suspicious IP address from Germany , also failed payments attemps . The sending address is from a PayPal.co.uk address.

Just been deleting them but starting to panic they might be real?

Anyone else getting these?

Cheers

Daj

If the email is offering a link and trying to get you to enter a password it's spam trying to phish your login credentials.
Forward it to Paypal's fraud department.

Is it addressed to your name? Paypal know who you are, spammers will use Dear Paypal member, or similar.

Ignore any links. Log in to paypal the normal way. If genuine you should have a notice once logged in. If not, it's phishy.

i have been been getting the odd one every now and then, they go straight into my junk box, which is the first clue, but they always seem to say problem, link etc so i ignore them and delete them.

also i know when i use my paypal so to get an email from them asking about a transaction that i know i haven't made, basically log in to your paypal normally, it will tell you if anything dodgy is going on then when you see it's ok then delete the spam stuff.

goes without saying, don't use their link!

I have had something like this sent to me. don't open the link but do forward it to paypal. it's a scam of some sort.

...and the reason you being warned not to open the link is because as soon as you do it releases a file into your PC which automatically sends all the private details you have stored back to the point of origin!

If you have security software you should run it straight away; it will identify the content, quarantine it then safely delete it as sometimes even just deleting a link can trigger it...

had one here the other day dave, just deleted it. but if you have some spare cash dave ,i have a mate in nigeria who will take 10k from you and give you 200k back. it,s a sure investment :D

Back