ROCKY MOUNTAIN SUZI Q.

What to do?

• 1. Leave as is...............wall art

Votes: 23 52.3%
  • 2. Build up as show bike. but never ridden.

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • 3. Repair,Build and Ride.

Votes: 15 34.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wow! Cool frame, I like it. What year was that built?
However that is not a crack, it's broken and definitely not rideable. Put a frame around it and hang it on the wall. Looks cool but an engineering design disaster for sure.

If you REALLY want to ride it, you could fabricate a custom seat-post, that would slide down all the way to the BB. Should be safe and you wouldn't destroy the originality.

Welding that frame - I wouldn't do it.

Ok, so I'll buck the trend and say get it repaired. If anyone would know who to contact to get it done correctly and treat it with the respect and care it needs, it would be you.

Let's not kid ourselves. Even though the design is bonkers, that's what makes it so fantastic. Add in the rarity and it's a no brainer. Sure it'll cost some $$$ and it won't quite be the same but then who cares? It's yours and you would have saved it!

Oh and if you did repair it, it means the thread keeps on going and we all get to marvel at such a wacky but brilliant machine!

Wall art!

Didn't they all crack at the seattube? You could get it repaired, but I think the design is wrong. Won't it crack again??

Back