Marin ti & Kona ti return for 07

I used to agree on the maintenance aspect of FS bikes. esp as my old intense tracer was a nitemare :cry:
single piivot bikes are exceptionally easy to look after :)

yeh always will be a place for hardtails. but XC FS bikes will become the norm over time.

It is true it's Horses For Courses, when I moved out here with my IF, I could only take it to certain tame trails, if I wanted to hammer it [and I did] I'd risk the frame [boy did it take some punishment..].. I even SS'd it for a while.. My Intense Uzzi is awesome for the riding around the Sydney National Parks, and out west in the Blueys.. Done a couple of Enduros too [one coming up in Nov.], it ain't the lightest XC Rig, and it's practically retro compared with some of the full sussers out there now.. :roll:

I am dying to get out on the Bont tho; there's a 100%-Hardtail-Rideable trail around the Manly Dam up the road which is gunna be the playground this weekend [yes, it's finished!]..

[neck-out opinion]The Specialized FSR rear suspension unit is the only one that truly "works"..[/neck-out opinion]

scant, I was riding the other weekend, looked down at the bb and saw one of the pivot bolts about 4-5mm unthreaded :shock:

kingroon":3uw8osml said:
[neck-out opinion]The Specialized FSR rear suspension unit is the only one that truly "works"..[/neck-out opinion]

scant, I was riding the other weekend, looked down at the bb and saw one of the pivot bolts about 4-5mm unthreaded :shock:

specialized do tend to suffer from poor alignment issues time to time (same as santa cruz) which puts massive strain on the shock. plus theres massive rotation on the shock bush, so they wear real fast.

was the pivot bolt the main 1 behind the BB on the uzzi? to be honest that bearing was always too small for the application. bolts were also too small & famous for snapping (I broke a few). i hated my tracer looking back, but yeh each to their own. probs a few million FSRs out there? they certainly went a long way in promoting XC FS bikes.

The FSR has always been the design that i was going to buy, but then bought something else. Still tempted by an SWorks Stumpie FSR :twisted:

back on topic! Marin, norco (well ATB sales then) demo day in cwmcarn today, riding past so popped in & saw the marin ti. to be honest IMHO its nothing special, just didnt do it for me in the same way for example a breezer dropout or fat chance dropout (or whatever frame part!) would grab your attention, no aspect of the frame interested me. just seemed like another bland ti frame.

probably made by the chinese .

every brand new a top luxury bike and titanium is the way to go .

Back