14 year old girl commits suicide because she was bullied

We_are_Stevo":3mjzpv89 said:
You said earlier you were 'ugly' Al, well I have my doubts on that one too; and you certainly don't talk/write ugly...

...I suspect the problems you have overcome in your life have made you a very strong individual; just a thought, but have you ever considered the Open University?

My daughter had intended to go to uni, then inadvertently followed in her Old Man's footsteps! :facepalm: few years later took up with the OU and a few years after that gained top honours in her finals :cool:

It's no less a qualification, may even do it myself one day just to prove a point...
ause she used to be one"

I am ugly, put it this way my son said "well your not a looker" to my daughters comment of " I'd rather you didn't to to my parents evening ( her secondary school first) as you are not as pretty as the other mums" and as an 8 year old my oldest son was asked " Why does your mum look like a man?" my son said " Because she used to be one" I look like a man and am so afraid of womens clothing cus I think if I wear them they'll think "What an ugly woman" if I don't they'll accept me more :roll: If my hubby had met me as a teen we would not be married now, that's the reason I never meet you, Retrobikers, as a cyclist, you'll just think "What a dog" regardless of anything else.

Alison

highlandsflyer":1dvpgtqq said:
Isaac_AG":1dvpgtqq said:
being homeless both were not worthy of investigation they were just scum

Is that what the police said? I have worked in homeless residential and outreach in London, and the police were very thorough when similar happened.

I cannot remember what they said, all I remember was this poor kid trying to get somewhere, anywhere, who was offered a job days after he died was found hung with most of his body lain under a tree and I could not think how he could of produced the weight to kill himself and the police thought it was not worth investigation. My mum was running a homeless project at the time, some of them I'd rather kill than forgive and that's another tragic story, but Kevin should NOT have died :x

Alison

Isaac_AG":xpqbgkss said:
I cannot remember what they said, all I remember was this poor kid trying to get somewhere, anywhere, who was offered a job days after he died was found hung with most of his body lain under a tree and I could not think how he could of produced the weight to kill himself and the police thought it was not worth investigation. My mum was running a homeless project at the time, some of them I'd rather kill than forgive and that's another tragic story, but Kevin should NOT have died

I don't see how you would know what the police 'thought'. No officer is going to talk like that to the public, and there is no way they would not have investigated a suspected suicide, let alone if there might be the suggestion of foul play.

Not suggesting they would necessarily look into as deeply as if it were a high profile case, but they certainly would make certain their findings were supported.

You can't assume anything by the fact someone was on the ground, plenty of people die every year from asphyxiation after putting things around their neck, whether they hang off anything or not.

Feeling bad someone died is one thing, we all get that. Suggesting the police didn't do their job is another. I am sure it happens, but without more information it would be impossible to merely go along with that supposition.

Oh come on! How long did it take to bring that Asian paedo ring to justice? How many times did those girls reach out for help before they were taken seriously?

If you don't believe the authorities are prejudiced against a large proportion of the population then you're either living in cloud cuckoo land, or a social worker...

...oh hang on, when did they ever get it right!

We_are_Stevo":2gxrr2h5 said:
Oh come on! How long did it take to bring that Asian paedo ring to justice? How many times did those girls reach out for help before they were taken seriously?

If you don't believe the authorities are prejudiced against a large proportion of the population then you're either living in cloud cuckoo land, or a social worker...

...oh hang on, when did they ever get it right!

I didn't say I don't believe anything, I said I am sure it happens actually.

When there is a suicide the authorities don't get the chance to brush it off, inquiries are a statutory requirement.

The problem with the internet generally is the complete absence of accountability, prompting irresponsible fools and persons of low character to type utterly revolting statements they wouldn't say eye-to-eye, because if they did they'd be caught and publically embarassed. Simple cowards.
Maybe one way to assist growing kids would be to explain this to them early on and impress upon them that basically everything negative they read on the internet is not to be taken seriously.
Easier said than done i guess.. :?:

Isaac_AG":3q0a65n3 said:
that's the reason I never meet you, Retrobikers, as a cyclist, you'll just think "What a dog" regardless of anything else.

Alison
are you actually having a laugh? we may be judgemental in here but we are a "happy band of brothers" on the trail. whether your face looks like it was set on fire and put out with a golf shoe or you look like (insert fit bird here) aint gonna make no never mind on the road (as our american friends would say). chances are no one would give a f&*k what you look like al, your being too hard on yourself and us.

they say beauty is only skin deep.
some of the most attractive people i have met have had awful personalities.
its what is on the inside that counts.

RadNomad":1nrsigwh said:
The problem with the internet generally is the complete absence of accountability, prompting irresponsible fools and persons of low character to type utterly revolting statements they wouldn't say eye-to-eye, because if they did they'd be caught and publically embarassed. Simple cowards.
Maybe one way to assist growing kids would be to explain this to them early on and impress upon them that basically everything negative they read on the internet is not to be taken seriously.
Easier said than done i guess.. :?:

agree, but then we all had to learn that, even before the internet, some people would do or say things to be mean or spiteful and that we had to learn not to take it personally, its just hard understanding and explaining why, the internet just makes it easier for those prone to do such things

Isaac_AG":oz2fpuml said:
I am ugly, put it this way my son said "well your not a looker" to my daughters comment of " I'd rather you didn't to to my parents evening ( her secondary school first) as you are not as pretty as the other mums" and as an 8 year old my oldest son was asked " Why does your mum look like a man?" my son said " Because she used to be one" I look like a man and am so afraid of womens clothing cus I think if I wear them they'll think "What an ugly woman" if I don't they'll accept me more :roll:

seeing as you list having at least 3 children, either you are married to Stevie Wonder or your husband has an unlimited supply of paper bags. .... but you are beautifull on the inside which is what counts!

Back