Where did I go wrong?

sometimes it is better to leave the past alone.

i did very similar last year after having read about a work colleague from a long time back who was also a frend that I lost touch and he was looking to raise £ 3 M to get some clever product made. a gogole showed he was director of several companies and now is co-director of another.

my conclusion was that he must be pretty loaded, certainly when compared to me, and yes, it did somewhat depress me ..... but money is not everything I guess, at least I still have most of my hair and am less bloated so that was some consolation. From my background, I could quite easily have been living in the streets but have own house and multiple bikes, only few of whcih can be called retro.

as to why, simply he was/is smarter or luckier or both, not much I can do about that.

When I was at school one of the lads I knew took up this new-fangled subject called computing; couple of BBC's hooked up in a cupboard in one of the Geography rooms connected to something called a server at the UEA...

...seemed daft to me! :?

Found out a few years back that he kept it up, landed a job as a programmer in the States then came back to this country once he'd made a mint; been poncing about doing faff all for the last twenty years, just because he can!

Still rather have had my 'interesting' life though :cool:

Many of the people i grew up with are completely bonkers or dead. I consider myself very lucky

Back