Raleigh Record Sprint - Help Required.

123yka":xofuybhl said:
MrW":xofuybhl said:
If anyone is interested, I have access to the full decal set for the mid 80's 'Aerospace Contour' frame Record Sprints, plus the version that followed that in 1985/6 (i.e. the bikes with the Space Shuttle decal)

Could you let me know how much you would be after for them

Just jump in why don't you newbie - common courtesy on this forum would usually mean you express an interest if the original poster or indeed anyone else who has contributed to a thread hasn't expressed (or been given time to express) interest.

Well excuse me finney if i happen to have jumped in as you have put it, but I am pretty sure that I may have already contributed to this thread, but seeing as i am a newbie i could be wrong.

As i was merely enquiring on the price of these decals I dont see how this has broken forum rules

Re: Raleigh Record Sprint - Finished

FINNEY1973 said:
Purchases: Cheap & cheerful saddle, new Raleigh bar-tape.

Hi, I hope you don't mind me hopping onto this thread but I came across the images of your Raleigh Record Sprint after some googling and having recently acquired one myself with an awful saddle attached I quite like the look of your "Cheap & cheerful saddle" and was wondering where you bought it from? I'd also like to replace the bar tape but can't seem to find original Raleigh tape.... any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Chris (newbie)

Hi Chris, welcome aboard. A RRS - quite enjoyed mine, but i've now swapped it for a winter Ribble that will get more use then the Raleigh was getting. As for bartape - can't find the exact one I bought as it was some old stock but this stuff looks pretty much identical ... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Raleigh-Bar-T ... 336aebbb6f

As for the saddle - I bought one of these ... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RIVETED-ROAD- ... 3cdd49472e

Decent for the money, hope this helps with your bike build. Did you get one with the coveted gold components?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back