Tripple Ring Compatibility Choices - Sourced Seperately

erm, should i be worried? ...i bought my diabolus cranks off pinkbike and thus have no idea if i have all the required spacers.
I can put some pics up though, if they may help. I do have all 3 BB spacers on my 68-73mm BB ...and will be building on a 68mm shell.

Fig 1
Diabolus175mm2_zps605e5550.jpg

Fig 2
Diabolus175mm1_zpsfc79af09.jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
A_Venables":2d1ppckz said:
Those aren't the spacers im on about, they go between the chainrings on the chainring bolts.
Think maybe we have each other at cross purposes, prob my fault, so apologies there :facepalm:

So to clarify, you've been talking about spacers between the chainrings right?
I think i may have digressed to another potential problem.
That's the spindle problem, hence the link i posted.

Looking at your pic, your cranks have the inner ring spacers in the forging already, the crank spacers are for adjusting the chain line.

jimplops":18q848d0 said:
Looking at your pic, your cranks have the inner ring spacers in the forging already, the crank spacers are for adjusting the chain line.
...I now understand about the 4 white chainline spacers, but am not too sure what u mean by "Your cranks have the inner ring spacers in the forging already" ...could u elaborate?

I have looked at the RF pdf for my cranks and the only spacer type thing that i have appears to be the 3.5mm pre-load elastomer on the non driveside arm (shown in Fig 1 / prevoius page). I was thinking it might be prudent to buy the spacer rebuild kit anyway, as there not that costly really.

Some of the older Race Face cranks required spacers to mount the inner chainring to the spider to space it away from the middle ring, your cranks have forged spacers already.

jimplops":24a4i9i6 said:
Some of the older Race Face cranks required spacers to mount the inner chainring to the spider to space it away from the middle ring, your cranks have forged spacers already.
...Ahh i see what your saying
Thumbup.gif

Prob looking for a some tripple slickshifts, maybe i'll get lucky with some NOS red ones ;)

Back