Ok lets try something

marker":qw4g812s said:
I like the fork suggestion and could be a good starting point.
Was the Pace rc35 around in 94?

Yes you're looking a monobox crossover time 35 MXC's and MXCD's (and so a relatively decent amount of travel). Justbackdated (tim) is the god of pace. :LOL:

I'd go for XC Pro Micro Drive - everything (and you could get "away" with champagne!) - if you can get a complete NOS groupset bit-by-bit you'll have scoured the earth.

Either XC Pedersen SE canti's or magura's as above.

Coloured grips, anno brake and chain bolts in purple.

Good Luck :cool:
And

secret_squirrel":1xhfpp91 said:
Chopper1192":1xhfpp91 said:
Unless your frame was built for racing then XT9 maintains the period ethos you seek.

Disagree. XT9 is nowhere near "period" for a 1994 frame.

8 speed XT with Compact Drive M737 is the way to go - new that year.

If Canti's give you the shivers a light stretch to 1996's M739 and V's is permitted, or alternatively magura's or an early disc brake.
You're disagreeing with yourself cos it was a chubby fingered Apple typo. I just meant XT but for some reason crapple auto corrects it to XT9.

Chopper1192":3092bdwi said:
secret_squirrel":3092bdwi said:
Chopper1192":3092bdwi said:
Unless your frame was built for racing then XT9 maintains the period ethos you seek.

Disagree. XT9 is nowhere near "period" for a 1994 frame.

8 speed XT with Compact Drive M737 is the way to go - new that year.

If Canti's give you the shivers a light stretch to 1996's M739 and V's is permitted, or alternatively magura's or an early disc brake.
You're disagreeing with yourself cos it was a chubby fingered Apple typo. I just meant XT but for some reason crapple auto corrects it to XT9.

I mucking heat it when they happens......

Archemist":6mk0oioz said:
marker":6mk0oioz said:

Yes you're looking a monobox crossover time 35 MXC's and MXCD's (and so a relatively decent amount of travel). Justbackdated (tim) is the god of pace. :LOL:

My '94 bike came with RC35 XCS rather than the later monobox. Not saying the monobox would be wrong though.

gunner":3ac8e3lg said:
Archemist":3ac8e3lg said:
marker":3ac8e3lg said:

My '94 bike came with RC35 XCS rather than the later monobox. Not saying the monobox would be wrong though.

1994 was XCS
1995 was MXC

FluffyChicken":jw9gs0dv said:
1994 was XCS
1995 was MXC

Agreed.

I wasn't taking the OP too literally in period correct terms (94 bought could be 95 MY?) and alluding to the better travel the MXC forks can offer.

Latest posts

Back