does everyone on here ride with a helmet?

the way I see it not wearing one is like going hill/mountain walking in camo gear, you just wouldn't. :D

Can't remember the last time I used a bike and didn't wear a helmet. We should wear helmets at all times in my opinion although I do understand that it can be awkward sometimes, going to the pub for example. You'd look a right b3llend walking into the local with a bike helmet on.

If I'm on a bike I wear a helmet, oh and gloves. If you fall off you will put your hands out and gravel rash on the palms of your hands is very sore. Helmet and gloves every time.

Chute55uk":1y56juar said:
the way I see it not wearing one is like going hill/mountain walking in camo gear, you just wouldn't. :D

We have to wear Camo all the time when yomping across Hills & Dales :( I will suggest to my Commanding Officer that maybe we should go for something brighter :D

Attachments

• Bright Camo.jpg
    Bright Camo.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 135
Yep all the time. It's a no brainer (not sure if that's a pun or not) for me, people can topple off for all sorts of reasons and all it takes is to knock your head in the wrong place and you are in a world of trouble.

I have never understood people that don't wear them to be honest - it's not exactly a hardship. I've seen enough crashes where helmets have saved serious injury and more fool you if you don't wear one is my rather stoic opinion! Obviously it's down to each person individually and there will be people who have opposing views of course.

For me it's the same principle as not wearing a seatbelt in a car. I'm confident I won't crash, but I can't say what outside influences are going to do to make me crash. Better safe than sorry.

lol jussa, well its ok for marines to get lost, thats why you wear green so sar cant find you, paras wear red to attract the fire away from the girls :D
chopper I was sas mate, the furthest we went was chicksands lol

Chute55uk":2c8z70ts said:
lol jussa, well its ok for marines to get lost, thats why you wear green so sar cant find you, paras wear red to attract the fire away from the girls :D

Fortunatly as an Armourer my bergen pouches would include the following essentials;

16mm Mini Flare (Impromtu firework display)
Signal Distress Day & Night Flare (Hand held firework display)
Whistle (For making music)
Mirror (For making sure you look good)
Breadcrumbs (Leaving a trail to find way home)
Ball of String (For when breadcrumbs run out)

And we would always wear our Kevlar Helmets for protection :) (See how we are back on subject now?) :D

Jussa":394llny0 said:
Chute55uk":394llny0 said:

Fortunatly as an Armourer my bergen pouches would include the following essentials;

16mm Mini Flare (Impromtu firework display)
Signal Distress Day & Night Flare (Hand held firework display)
Whistle (For making music)
Mirror (For making sure you look good)
Breadcrumbs (Leaving a trail to find way home)
Ball of String (For when breadcrumbs run out)

And we would always wear our Kevlar Helmets for protection :) (See how we are back on subject now?) :D
love it :D

Back