Now I can see why these were popular (Muddy Fox content)

barry2017

Old School Grand Master
I found this at a car boot sale, and it is the best towpath bike I have ever ridden. Having owned and ridden almost everything else, I can now see why people liked them so much. I didn't really like Muddy Foxes when they were current, I had a Peugeot instead.

IMAG0179.jpg

Is there a bike you never really liked when they were current but appreciate now?

Score froma car boot!

These are really nice bikes, my old fella had one, it was stolen and he missed it every since..

I think its the wishbone that makes them ride so nice

I have recently reunited my olf man with a minter i picked up of the bay - will try to get a build thread up later

Very nice Chris very nice indeed :D and its a nice colour for being on a canal.
Were the racks and bag included?

No, they're mine. The front rack is far too big for off-road, though; you can't really see what the front wheel is doing. Still, I'll keep them because it looks nice.

A courier comp of that condition is a steel ( :facepalm: )

Foxes are like that they creep up on you and before you know it your wallet's empty.

Nice find, nice bike and a good use for it.

How do you find the 'reach' the later geo's have longer stems and can be a bit of a pain (and slightly ponderous) think yours is better than the '90 fluoro green one I've got in, or should that be on, the 'leash' :LOL:

Never liked Trek rigid or hardtail bikes BITD but now I quite like them. Bit upset when my retro Trek 8500 died but wasn't in the least interested in a 8500 in the past :roll:

Unfortunately the Courier Comp now, then and, unless I change my mind, for evermore is just ............well never going to light my fire.

I know! It's a very ordinary bike on paper. But I love riding it! I feel very confident on it, even with the top tube sitting that close to my bits.

The stem is a bit long, I might do a swap. But then, I'd need to find a matching yellow brake cable. I do have some Maguras kicking about though.....

Back