4..5..6..C

So, the Hope Minis have now gone and I've got 2 sets of brakes to replace them.

a) Hope Mono Minis, or
b) XTR M975s

I'm swaying towards the XTRs :D

Looks like it'll be a nice build - did you not gel with the Cove hence the quick change?

I'd go XTR brakes...but I really hate the Mono brakes. They look pretty but just didn't work very well compau to what else was out there when they came out

Are you hanging onto the Turbines? In after a set for my Beast of the East.

Mindmap3":qdbpeqe3 said:
Looks like it'll be a nice build - did you not gel with the Cove hence the quick change?

I'd go XTR brakes...but I really hate the Mono brakes. They look pretty but just didn't work very well compau to what else was out there when they came out

Are you hanging onto the Turbines? In after a set for my Beast of the East.

I loved the Cove but I can't afford more than 1 bike and the 456 frame just reminded me of my Zaskar 4X Carbon which got stolen :(

I'm going to put the XTR brakes on there eventually, but might have to use the MM's for the time being while I sort some rotors out.

I've sold the Turbines - I've got some nice M770 cranks on there now :)

I also managed to crack the Bashguard (&*!%ing plastic!) when I was fitting it, so I've ordered a nice Hope one instead in gunmetal to match the hubs :cool:

Fair enough. I was just wondering if it wasn't the bike for you hence the C456 grabbing your attention.

I'd just straight into the XTR's but then again I have a dislike for any Hope brake with the mini lever! Depending on what size rotor you need, the older style Shimano ones can be picked up cheaply from Rose bikes and Bike Discount in Germany.

This should be a really nice bike when it's done.

It's pretty much built up now - just waiting for the brakes to go on. I've got both sets sat on my desk in work at the moment.

It's very light!

IMAG0183_zps2ce9c6da.jpg

Mindmap3":27amg8wb said:
I like that...a lot.

Looks like it'll be a lot of fun. When do you think the first ride will be?

Tonight with a bit of luck - might even be able to put the XTR brakes straight on, provided I can mix and match a pair of correct sized rotors from my little collection!

I think I'll call it "The Stormtrooper" too - thanks to Osella for the inspiration in one of his previous replies ;)

I've deliberately kept the fork steerer the original length rather than cutting it down. It looks a bit silly with all the spacers, but at least they'll be easier to sell on if/when I ever come to do so than a pair with a ridiculously short steerer!

Barneyballbags":2pwp05qt said:
I think I'll call it "The Stormtrooper" ....
It says 'The Penguin' to me ;).

Very nice bike, and quite sturdy for a carbon frame from what I've heard so should be a great allrounder. Loving the Magura forks, which make a nice change from the usual Fox/RS stuff. I've got some Magura Durins tucked away, which will be getting used on a future build with those Martas I bought off you the other day :cool:.

Brakes arrived today BTW - very nice kit.

Regards

Exeter Man":1w4p1s8d said:
I've got some Magura Durins tucked away, which will be getting used on a future build with those Martas I bought off you the other day :cool:.

Brakes arrived today BTW - very nice kit.

I think you're getting me mixed up with Monsieur Harryburgundy :LOL:

I almost bought those Martas. Very nice :cool:

Back