does everyone on here ride with a helmet?

raleighrider21":2x1q1t83 said:
riddim-track":2x1q1t83 said:
raleighrider21":2x1q1t83 said:
im interested to see how many people do
i got into a argument with a bloke on a carrera road bike the other day, there he was in all his lycra, high vis jacket, helmet, sunglasses etc and he comes to the side of me and tells me to get a proper bike, start wearing a helmet and said hed push me off next time he saw me to teach me a lesson, argued a bit and left him in the dust.
i never really wear a helmet, i ride on road, through the local park, over golf courses, canal towpath and only time ill wear one is on hard trails.

What a prick, why was he going to "push you off"? if you don't mind my asking.

probably because he had the shame of a 18 yr old on a old raleigh overtaking him and keeping up with cars when he was constantly getting overtook that or he was saying he was going to push me off to teach me to wear a helmet, either one.

Right got it. Are you the 18 year old then? Get a helmet, it'd be a shame to get your brains splattered across some crazy drivers windscreen before you even reach 21. Just think of all the fun you're entitled to have in your 20's :D and then imagine it with brain damage, :facepalm: not so good eh?

Sorry to put a downer on things just my opinion

know what your saying, and i get why youre saying it, ill have a look at some and see if i can finally find one that doesnt give me a bloody headache

not wore a bike helmet since 1995 when left school, till other week, when my kids questioned why they wear one and i dont, so i had to get one, now i wear it all the time, as to practice what i preach to the kids

I wear a helmet every ride.

Given the HUGE range of choice these days, there has got to be a comfortable helmet out there for almost everyone.

Freedom of choice though if your don't want to wear one.

Obviously had to wear a helmet when I started racing in 1988 and have worn one 100% of the time off-road ever since. Because I don't have a road bike every time that I'm on the road is on a mountain bike, just linking off-road sections, so I suppose by definition I always wear one on the road too.

raleighrider21":20hozdcu said:
its not really a case of one that looks good on my head tbh
i dont wear one for the fact i cant find one that fits properly and is comfortable to wear
i know one day id probably wished i wore one but ive never really worn one apart from trails
would if i found one that fitted - was comfortable and wasnt over the top as far as pricing is concerned.

If you've never worn one then of course they're going to feel uncomfortable. Once you've adjusted the straps properly, got the hang of the rock lock etc, it'll be as comfy as your lucky pants!
As for price, you should be able to pick one up for £30-40. If you pay more it's really only for extra holes.

Always. On or off-road, does not matter. The helmet saved my head from serious injury more times.
One old friend is still in come more than a year after a crash on road - he did not wear helmet and hurt his head on the cordon rails...

always, I had to when I was racing, and now i'm too good looking to let a bit of tarmac spoil it for all the laydeez
or because its just habit (just ordered a new gt one yesterday)

Back