bulk buy cable inners & outers

grogee

Retro Guru
Anyone got some good tips on where to get bulk buy (say 20 off) brake and gear cable inners and outers? Good quality ones mind...

I tend to get my outers by the meter, usually 5 at a time, and I bulk buy cables, crimps, ferrules etc from eBay.......I prefer to buy mid range stuff and replace regularly too, so as not to feel tied in to expensive stuff that I don't want to replace, and to maximise evenings with good music on in the man cave just 'pottering'.......

As mentioned I too buy outers by the metre, and tubs of ferrules and cable end crimps.again from ebay or direct (depends on price). I bought a tub of Clarks anodised ferrules direct, I only wanted red and blue ones (silver for the kids' bikes), sold the green ones via fleabay. There was a bidding war and the sale paid for the full tub. Unlikely to happen now as the Jagwire colour kits are much easier to get hold of.
Inners - stainless inners, shop around. Parker international (roadie shop) often cheapest. Although recently I've been buying teflon coated SS from CRC. Shop around.

Back