1993 Kona Kilauea Restoration

White konas? Yaaaawn. Yours will be just like another million painted the same. I know its personal opinion but stick with the original paint scheme.

Does it really need painting anyway? Remember, once the original paint has gone it'll never be the same.

Aren't those forks WAY too long? 50mm travel forks are the norm really on a bike like that. Looks a bit odd as it is.

Rob, after seeing your 94 Kilauea I'm tempted to go with all silver!! Beautiful rebuild by the way :)

As for my forks, they were a product of update whilst I was racing and I agree that they do look high (and ride high with the riser bars too), but it does handle very well.

I do tend to have the forks set at the lowest ride (80mm) anyway

Never thought my bike looked odd - I love it, and that's why I want to lovingly restore it and if I can get anywhere close to what you have achieved I 'll be very very happy! :D

Found this rare beauty on ebay all the way from Canada. Original NOS Tange decal

This I think will be the finishing touch! Funny that this is one of the first purchases I have made and will probably be the last thing put on the bike!

Here is a pic of me and the Kilauea in action at a National Points Series race in Brighton (Eastridge Woods) in 1996/7

BTW, I am the one still on the bike!!

I have one of those decals for sale on this website.... haven't bumped it for a while I admit but never the less....

Anyone know what size seat collar I need. Got my ControlTech seat post through the post today (27.0mm).
Thanks

Back