Took an old friend out for a ride today - Serotta Ti

unclechet

Dirt Disciple
This is my Serotta Ti that I bought from Scott Moninger. Scott rode for Coors Light and this was one of his bikes. If I remember right this bike dates from 1994. After many years the paint was looking shabby so I shipped it off to Serotta to get it glass beaded and a brush finish. They told me the tubing was to thin for brushing and the best they could do was glass bead it. They also beefed up the seat collar and applied new decals. It has full Campy Record. Until today I hadn't ridden it for at least 10 years. I have to say it felt great and very fast! I think I'll be riding it more now.

Attachments

• Serotta .jpg
    Serotta .jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 503
I forgot to mention after getting into a "tank slapper" at over 50 mph going down a hill I took off the cf fork, sheet aluminum stem and replaced them with a Colnago fork and a Cinelli stem. I also never ran my Shamal wheels in road races anymore. Only crits. I suspect it was a cross wind that caused the shimmy but I figured I'd play it safe and change up the harmonics some. It certainly handles nicely with this set up.

Attachments

• World Champions.jpg
    World Champions.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 491
Great bike and with a pedigree as well.

Sadly Serotta is closing shop after over 3 decades, so there will be no more Serottas...

bduc61":3adaputq said:
lewisfoto":3adaputq said:
Great bike and with a pedigree as well.

Sadly Serotta is closing shop after over 3 decades, so there will be no more Serottas...

I have just seen that - sad news :cry:

I have a serotta MTB but its very difficult to find a roadbike serotta over here in Europe :cry:

but rebirth may be possible :idea:
see more information there
http://www.cyclingforums.com/t/495480/s ... osing-shop

This all makes me very sad. I've loved my Serotta even if I did get it second hand. I hope that Serotta can rise from the ashes and continue to give us beautiful bicycles. I hope that there will always be a market for people that don't want a corporate offering.

Back