New hardtail...Cotic BFe

Ah good stuff, It's complete now just about! bet it's quite lively. been loosely looking at decent but good wheels to upgrade maybe, mine weigh a ton! :S

Having said no more upgrades I may have accidentally bought some Race Face Atlas cranks for it! I've also bought a BETD chainring (half price) because my Blackspire one is bent.

Oops, hells why not! :cool:

Hey did you consider any Superstar Wheels, they look like good VFM, and potentially good quality, Hope/Mavic is a nice familiar quality combo.

Bfe has shaped up very nicely.

I did but the Switch hubs get mixed reviews with regards to bearing life and the Tesla hubs don't seem to last very well at all. I'm not a Hope fan boy but I knew that I'd be able to get spares for years to come. I also like Maic rims; I know they're not seen my many as sexy as Stans rims but I've never had any issues with them in a very long time of riding. These rims are basically a D521 in black...strong and reliable.

It's a good little bike that I enjoy riding. I'm getting faster on it...I was following some lads on big bikes down the local DH runs the other week and I wasn't far behind.

How are you getting on with yours?

Nice ride this..... been looking at Cotic stuff recently, looks impressive!

The BFe looks lovely, possibly a replacement for my Msisle?

*AJ*":22z8j74t said:
Nice ride this..... been looking at Cotic stuff recently, looks impressive!

The BFe looks lovely, possibly a replacement for my Msisle?

Cheers mate.

I'm quite fond of it even though it is properly small (still longer than my Tazer was though). It works quite well as a mucking about bike so could be a replacement. The new green colour is ace in the flesh too.

How's the collarbone?

I might have to look into it!

What was the deal on the hope hoops btw?

The collarbone, well it aches... But I'm managing ok, able to do most stuff! Even tried the bike on the street the other day... Was fine until I hopped off the kerb, that hurt! So I need a little bit longer yet! But I'm pretty sure it's getting better! Thanks for asking dude!

It'd be rude not to!

Wiggle were jobbing them out with 30% off. By the time I decided to push the button all of the Stans ones were gone (I fancied them with some Flows to Un tubeless). Hey ho.

Glad to hear that the collarbone is getting there.

Mindmap3":re58rpat said:
I did but the Switch hubs get mixed reviews with regards to bearing life and the Tesla hubs don't seem to last very well at all. I'm not a Hope fan boy but I knew that I'd be able to get spares for years to come. I also like Maic rims; I know they're not seen my many as sexy as Stans rims but I've never had any issues with them in a very long time of riding. These rims are basically a D521 in black...strong and reliable.

It's a good little bike that I enjoy riding. I'm getting faster on it...I was following some lads on big bikes down the local DH runs the other week and I wasn't far behind.

How are you getting on with yours?

This is what I was wondering too, seems like a reasonable rationale specially if spending decent money, Hubs made in UK you can get parts for and good old reliable rims. The hubs come with adapter to run any front axle yeah? That's the way I understand it. :)

Good stuff, quite nimble your Bfe and they are so solid. I was riding a friends Intense, and as lovely as that was I was still happy to pile down the same chute on the Bfe It's quite sure footed pointed down.

Mines going well thanks, it's still too heavy hence the wheel thing, an upgrade for next year, might steal your jazzy grips too. I'm well overdue a thread update, watch that space!! :D

cheers

The hubs came with a set of QR adapters and ones for 20mm. If your running the pointless standard that is a 15mm axle you'll need to cough up for some different adapters. The XC wheels come with 15mm adaptera instead.

I like the grips actually. I prefer them to the Vans grips I've just put on the Banshee which destroyed my hands the other night.

Glad you're still enjoying your BFe. Just think how fast it'll feel once you out it one a diet!

Back