Tioga Disc Drive OMFG

RawBikeCo

Senior Retro Guru
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Looks like it to me.....picture of other side shows cord slack at the top eyelet. Not a nice surprise if someone pays £500 for it tries to ride it......

Got this message from the seller, if that was done by a bike shop, i think stay well away.

"hi the wheel wasnt cut by me it was cut by denton cycles who know what they are doing there is no damage to the performace of the wheel please feel free to view it if in doubt thanks wnw"

- wuzzlesnwombles

I got a reply....

hi no the cords arnt cut and its not slack great condition feel free to come and view if in doubt wnw

I used to ride with Denton cycles owner Colin and he rode for Orange as a Vet back in the day but I dont recall them getting any disk drives. They were rare even back then so I'm sure Colin would have mentioned it. Doesnt mean the guy is making up stories just sounds a little elaborated. I'd trust colin with my life, so if he did advise the removal of that section then I'd have ridden it.

Having had one of these on an old amp a few years back, they werent strong wheels, even if they were brand new, they were race wheels. I suspect this one is actually better than people are thinking, i.e. fine for riding on garage queen bikes but not in the mountains. To be frank I wouldnt be taking it into the mountains now even if it wasnt missing a bit. I'd rather ride back to the car than walk ;)

Back