Work bikes

BobCatMax":6720pvqy said:
nice!

what rims are those?

The current wheels are "Rolf's" that I bought back in 2005 or 2006. I needed them in a hurry because I broke a rim the week before a big race here in the mid west called "The 12 miles of hell". It was held on a military artillery base in Lawton Oklahoma. In the Wichita mountains. Back at the turn of the century (18 hundreds to 19 hundreds) all the outlaws hid out there. It was really a rough, rough place, and an excellent race! They started the race with a giant howitzer!

Very cool. Are they laced like that for preference and could be done normally? Or actually have holes specific for that pattern?

No, the whole wheel is a system. That was Rolf's catch. Supposedly the opposing pairs work against each other resulting in a light and strong wheel. I believe the rear rim is asymmetrical to strengthen the drive side. They were light for the time and they've proven to be strong so I can't dispute their claims. I would not try this pattern on normally drilled hubs and or rims. But somebody probably has tried it. :)

My 1996 Kona Hahanna "Hannah"

Since I got her 3 months ago, I have put 570 miles on her. She is a great workhorse!

6EtDwxl.jpg

zJCfpAK.jpg

0SZXFq6.jpg

pBybz6Z.jpg

SbQ0OLs.jpg

Specs:

Asterisks designate original parts. Parentheses designate future upgrades.

Frame: 1996 Kona Hahanna, steel*
Fork: Kona Project Two Sport*
Headset: 1 1/8” YST Sealed Tech*
Stem: Kona Race Light Velocity*
Handlebar: Kona Race Light Slim*
Grips: Specialized XC with blue clamps
Bar Ends: Titech Micros

Brakes: Dia Compe 984
Brake Pads: Jagwire XC, blue
Brake Cables: Jagwire
Cantilever Cable Hangers: Tektro Alloy, black
Brake Levers: Kona Race Light High Command* (Dia Compe SS-5)

Shifters: SRAM TRX 7 Speed
Front Derailleur: Shimano AceraX Top Swing* (Shimano Deore XT M732)
Rear Derailleur: Shimano AceraX* (Shimano Deore XT M732)
Derailleur Cables: Shimano
Cassette: Shimano 7-Speed, 11-28*
Chain: Shimano CN-UG50, 1/2 x 3/32*
Crankset: Cyclone CPI-3455D SQS, 24/32/42* (Shimano XT M739)
Bottom Bracket: Shimano BB-LP26, 110 mm, 68 mm shell width*
Pedals: SR MP131 (Wellgo M111)

Hub Skewers: Shimano Altus*
Rims: Sun No.5, 36 Hole*
Hubs: Front; Shimano Altus*, Rear; Shimano AceraX*
Tires: Maxxis Wormdrive 26" - 1.9"
Saddle: WTB SSTX
Seatpost: Kalloy SP-242, 27.0. mm*
Seatpost Clamp: Kona *

Fenders: SKS Velo 65 w/ optional fender stays
Rack: Topeak Quick Track, early 1990s [old track width and style not compatible with current trunk bags]
Accessories: Avenir AV-100*, Cateye Uno Front Light, Cateye Rapid 5 Rear Light with rack mount, X-Fire Rear Light, Topeak Pocket Rocket DXII Pump, Topeak Small Wedge Pack with Fixer

So, here's the bike I plan to use as a work bike in the near future. It's a 1997 KTM Ultra Action, built by an Austrian company nowadays better known for motorcycles and the X-Bow :twisted:

Never mind the blue tire, currently the bike is attached to a Tacx cycletrainer - I guess I need to find an additional rear wheel for this purpose :D and maybe a '97 Judy SL, too ;) Apart from grips, saddle and tyres it is completely original, full XT group (M739 I think) and PD-M323 pedals (straps removed in the meantime).

Attachments

• RB_UltraAction_1997.jpg
    RB_UltraAction_1997.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 1,975
The allotment flyer – also commutes 165 miles per week from Enfield to Wimbledon and back through London.

Attachments

• the_allotment_flyer.jpg
    the_allotment_flyer.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 1,891
my work bike,
kinesis maxlight with easton racelight tubing 20inch, bontrager wheels, conti sport tyres, superlight innertubes, shimano xt cassette-v brakes-rear mech-front mech-bottom bracket-cable set, shimano lx shifters and brake lever combos, hope skewers, thomson seatpost clamp, ritchey superlogic carbon riserbars, ritchey wcs ergo foam grips, ritchey pro seatpost, charge spoon saddle, spesh stem off 2012 tricross, cane creek headset, carbon spacers, superblack forks (faulty), wellgo mag pedals.
had it for around 14 months and replaced most parts with modern or new old stock bits to suit my daily ride to work. ohh and its about 24 lbs in weight
i know its not the for sale section but £375 and its yours as am buying another cannondale badboy as i also have a small collection of raleighs to use.

Attachments

• DSC_0011[1].jpg
    DSC_0011[1].jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 1,812
  • DSC_0010[1].jpg
    DSC_0010[1].jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 1,812
  • DSC_0012[1].jpg
    DSC_0012[1].jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 1,812
Back