J.E.James = Muppets

boxxer

MacRetro Rider
Long story short - boy needs tyres, sees said tyres on J.E.James website - crap small piccie and awful description but there and reduced.

Boy pays for tyres

Gets txt from Royal Mail to confirm delivery to work, lets post room and security know, no probs!

Gets 2nd txt from RM - unable to deliver as I was out - seriously 650 people at my work and nobody there to sign, think not....

Phone J.E. who apologise, blame RM and offer to send out replacements via DPD - boy happy

DPD manage delivery, phew someone was in and I get a call from the mailroom...

Collect tyres open and.... Drum roll please....

Wrong tyres, Same manufacturer wrong tyre! WTF!

Phone J.E. who apologise, acknowledge crap description and pic but their returns policy is I now have to send them back before they'll send out the correct ones (if they have them)

So it's a pain in the ass for me to get to a PO during the day and I still may not end up with what I paid for.

Think you may have lost a repeat customer J.E.

I bought a full bike from one of their shops once. Bike and price were ace but the customer service wasn't up to much.

I had a very similar thing happen with CRC, but they let me keep the wrong tyre and also gave a full refund :D
Mind you i had sent them an e-mail to get them to confirm what i was going to recieve as i thought it very, very cheap for what i was buying. They sent confirmation and still managed to send the wrong thing bless em :LOL:

get what you pay for. Walk into bike shop, see it, touch, wallet gets raped. Buy cheap via mail order on internet & at least 10% of the time you're going to have problems. Still I've done pretty well out of CRC's cock ups £5 voucher here and there a free tyre (that I didn't want).

I'll chime in in favour of je james too. I wanted the 3rd gen magic link upgrade for my kona 2+2 and could only getit from an approved distributor. I spoke to aw cycles in reading who allegedly were mates with the director of kona uk. i wanted to use them as they were local and i would have paid them to fit it. fat waste of ******* time. lots of 'yeah mate we're on it' but **** all action. I gave up after two weeks of this.

phoned je james and had the price in 1/2 an hour and in my hands a week later. not bad i thought.

Been there.

Ordered a 27.0mm x 410mm Thompson Elite Seatpost.

Arrived in good time, only it was 31.6mm x 367mm!

exchanged without problem, and they gave me a pre-paid thingy to put on the front.

They were cheaper than anyone else and the only one's who seemed to carry a 27.0mm

Not put off by this.

Back