Newbie with a Hobbs of Barbican

Hobbs of Barbican Ride.

I am a member of the V-CC, 2012 will be the third Hobbs ride and it takes place in Somerset.

I'll be there.

Roadking.

Re: Hobbs of Barbican Ride.

Somerset is a bit far for me. Shame.
There needs to be a thread on here dedicated to Hobbs bikes so that people can display their bikes. I have some pics somewhere of when I first got mine about 25 years ago. I'll take some up to date ones too, I'm on the verge of having it repainted so I need to take some anyway.

Ian.
roadking":3fr3st6l said:
I am a member of the V-CC, 2012 will be the third Hobbs ride and it takes place in Somerset.

I'll be there.

Roadking.

GrumpyOldMan":350of7og said:
I notice on the Veteran Cycle Club website there is a Hobbs of Barbican ride on the 19th August. Unfortunately it doesn't say anything else about it at all. Anyone know anything?

Ian.

Somerset isn't too far away ... could tempt me into renewing my VCC membership.

Ok so finally got some pics
20120618_130439.jpg

20120618_130415.jpg

20120618_130339.jpg

20120618_130304.jpg

20120618_130255.jpg

20120618_130234.jpg

Really lovely. Keep the pictures coming. I like pretty much anything with two wheels, but there is something particularly optimistic and wonderful about 40's and 50's bikes.

blutto
How is the Hobbs going.
And did the Hobbs thread ever get off the ground? I have just got a lovley Blue Ribband track frame and forks that I would like to add.

Sorry to say no progress, I have had to move my workshop to a new unit and the Hobbs is out of reach at the mo untill I get sorted.
Don't think anything will hapen before the new year but as soon as it does I will start a build thread.

masterfox":2c5r6lb1 said:
Hi,
Has anybody got Mervin Cook's email address? I sent him a question about my Hobbs but the email address (jacque-cook@ntlworld.com) seems no longer in use...
Cheers.

Mervyn is no longer Hobbs ME for the V-CC, if you have a question I may be able to help.

PM me if you wish.

Jon (aka Roadking).

Back