Can Retrobike membership lead to bike theft?

I think we need to keep it in proportion. Burglary is down 40% or so in the last decade, according to police stats AND the crime survey covering unreported crime...despite what the Daily Mail thinks.
Most crims make more cash stealing iPhones.

Around here the thieves have been looking at rider's strava records in an attempt to get common GPS locations which might be one's home. Also there was some speculation that a crook had joined the local rider's club Facebook page, which was open and is now invitation only.

spwal":3f8hlb0t said:
Hi, I do not mean use company account or company money for shipping, just company address.

I was merely saying that one small company I worked they were happy for us to use the company courier account to send parcels (we paid £5 into petty cash - yes even to send a whole bike !!).

But last place I worked (large factory) you absolutely were not allowed to have parcels delivered as it wasted Goods inwards time.

So although using the company address is ok in theory it doesn't work for everyone.

hamster":2ea1ozhs said:
Burglary is down 40% or so in the last decade, according to police stats AND the crime survey covering unreported crime...despite what the Daily Mail thinks.
Most crims make more cash stealing iPhones.

Maybe overall but according to our local police, bike theft is way up in the area (even over the seasonal average).

Bike theft is likely to increase, simply because cycling is on a popularity surge and there are plenty of nice, nearly new machines around.

My garage is linked into the house alarm and has motion and heat sensors. It's enough to deter the casual idiots.

I was followed (nearly) home in my rs turbo, I spotted them as I pulled into my estate so I just drove round and round the streets pretending I was lost until they got bored and drove off.
diddnt do so well on my honda firestorm, that got nicked from a hidden place that only would have been known about if I was followed.

...or if someone had spied you riding into it. You don't need to have been followed to be spotted turning off into your garage/lock up/abandoned warehouse meths lab.

Yup,

It really is easy to trace people using certain legal cost per check databases. Be careful people!

Cheers

Matt

Latest posts

Back